• March 19, 2024, 12:01:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dir-867 wont connect to internet with ISP Static IP address settings  (Read 4812 times)

MetalMarine

• Level 1 Member

Hi so i bought a DIR-867 a couple months back because i wanted a better router for my network and i was assigned a static IP address and settings from my ISP
keep in mind that these settings were working in my previous D-link router as well so i hooked up the new Dir-867 and put in the settings and it worked for a few months then recently it stopped accessing the internet randomly then stopped entirely so i figured ok i'll contact my ISP and see what's up they tried pinging my router they can see my router but for some reason they couldn't reach the DNS ok so i figured the router might have failed so i tried resetting it and putting all info in again nope still didn't work hmmm ok well i'll buy another Dir-867 exactly the same issue right out of the box brand new so i plugged in my older d-link router and works fine
hmmm ok that's weird i'll try changing the firmware version to older versions no change still same issue. The only thing that i can think of is there is an issue with using static IP address and the DNS.
Also my ISP gave me the access ID for Vlan and that right away also didn't do anything hmm ok so i disabled it then it said the internet was working ok but it wasn't, every device i tried using would say connected but no internet well that doesn't make any sense at all to have all green lights but no internet then the green internet light went orange and then green then orange so i just hooked up my older unit and it's working fine now i have to routers that i'm sure are just fine but there is some sort of issue regarding the DNS and static ip address that some how became an issue in the last week.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Dir-867 wont connect to internet with ISP Static IP address settings
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 03:36:13 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What previous router model did you have?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.