• April 26, 2024, 05:17:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless coverage  (Read 1588 times)

whlion

• Level 1 Member
Wireless coverage
« on: December 27, 2009, 11:11:38 PM »

I just bought a DIR655 to replace my 5-year old Belkin router after some research. Many people have good review on the wireless coverage and file transfer speed for this router, so I decided to go with this one. After setting up the router, I am very disappointed with the wireless coverage,  it's significantly worse than my old Belkin router. I live in a townhouse (concrete structure with laminate flooring), and the router is on the first floor. For my old Belkin router, no matter where I am in the house, my laptop always shows excellent connection. However, for DIR655, if I go to the 2nd floor, the laptop sometimes shows good, sometimes shows low signal strength. Then I upgraded the firmware to 1.32NA, and still the same problem. My laptop wireless card support only up to G. I tried different wireless settings on the router: N and G mixed mode, or G mode only, tried different encryption method, WPA2 or WPA only, and they made no different on wireless coverage.

Does anyone else have the same issue with me? or anyone knows what the problem with my router? Thanks.