• April 26, 2024, 04:17:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Modem to router to router  (Read 1542 times)

Lantor

• Level 1 Member
Modem to router to router
« on: April 02, 2011, 11:33:47 AM »

Ok. I recently bought a DIR-655 to replace my WBR-2310 (which doesn't give a steady wireless signal.) However.. I am keeping my WBR because my modem is placed right beside it and my debit machine is plugged into my WBR (which is port-forwarded). I have been trying to figure out how to make my WBR a bridge to connect to my DIR (All my computers are connected to this). I know it's tough to wrap your head around this (At least for me it was).

It goes like this:
  • Modem (PPPoE)
  • WBR-2310 <- Debit machine
  • DIR-655<- Computer 1, Computer 2, Computer 3

I have tried for a bunch of hours to figure this thing out and I decided to leave it up to pros ;) Please leave me with some answers I can work on. Thanks a bunch!

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: Modem to router to router
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »

Hi Lantor,

What is the Hardware Revision of the DIR-655 Router? Firmware Version?

The DIR-655 Router has a Virtual Server and also has Port Forwarding ability as well.
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10