• March 28, 2024, 01:57:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 T1 20.01 - i cant find a way to port forward, 3 years searching  (Read 8737 times)

peaches

• Level 1 Member

ive tried at least 5 times to port forward my DIR-615 T1 model and for every try i took 2 to 3 days of trial and error. i used the guide provided from portforward.com and the screenshots they have doesnt look like what i have on screen, i even bought their product to just port forward anything from now on but even their product couldnt port forward my router.

so this is ultimately the best place to ask for help? even if my router is outdated?

right now i have a static IP and i made a fabric reset. what should i do now? wich one of these should i use? my brother wants to play games like minecraft with his friends and i confess that sometimes id like to play games with someone i know.

so for the sake of helping me better lets say the internal IP is 192.168.0.230 and the default port for minecraft is 25565

my guess is that i should use virtual server but i simply cant make it work... i understand that i need to set up my static IP there and specify the ports the application im going to use is going to "connect" to.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:11:41 PM by peaches »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

Router and Wired Configurations
Some things to try:
  • Turn on or off DNS Relay under Setup/Networking. Link>Finding Faster DNS Addresses using Name Bench and input new DNS addresses under Setup/Internet/Manual.
  • Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. Setup/Networking. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting and maintain consistency for applications that need to connect as well as mapped drives.
  • Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
  • If IPv6 is an option on the router, select Local Connection Only under Setup/IPv6.
  • Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP under Advanced/Firewall. Enable or Disable SPI to test.
  • Enable uPnP and Multi-cast Streaming under Advanced/Networking. Disable uPnP for testing Port Forwarding rules. Enable IPv6 Multi-cast Streaming for routers that have a Media Server option. Disable IPv6 Multi-cast Streaming if IPv6 or Media Server is not being used.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.