The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-635

DIR-632 Router as Switch and Access Point

<< < (2/3) > >>

gw22:
Double checked all the settings and still cant seem to get the 632 to allow the dhcp from the primary router.  Also tried the DD-WRT firmware and still no love.

This setup is similar to my office setup, other than the office has a different wireless router as a switch/access point, but the same primary router.  Both have the same firmware on the routers.

FurryNutz:
Bridge Mode vs Relay vs Acess Point (AP) / Routers vs Dedicated Acess Points (AP)

Turning a router into an AP.

gw22:
Thank you for the offer of remote tech support - much appreciated.

I setup the router as a static network connection off of the primary router and just used it as a seperate network just to get it working with DHCP and that was somewhat ok.

Then, just for kicks, I put it back to the switch / AP configuration and figured why not just set it up with DHCP and have it give out a few addresses for the wireless connections, then a separate DHCP block from the primary router.

Seems to work ok - each router can hand out up to 10 ip addresses in different ranges - that should be ok shouldn't it?

FurryNutz:
As long as the dhcp server IP addresses are in separate ranges on each router, or you have the sub net mask set to a different number on each router, then yes, running both DHCP server would be ok if it's working.

asidden:
Just wanted to update the information here, if anybody faces the same issues I've met.
I have dir-632 and firmware v1.4.1.

for me, setting up an AP mode according to the instruction mentioned above worked, but only for wired connection. Clients, that joined AP via WiFi failed to receive IP address. That happened until I've manually deleted the WAN connection settings and VLAN assigned to Internet port. After this both wired & WiFi clients had access to LAN and internet via main router.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version