• March 18, 2024, 10:25:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Another next version firmware suggestion:  (Read 2188 times)

BAMoh

• Level 3 Member
Another next version firmware suggestion:
« on: September 17, 2016, 08:05:54 AM »

When cams disconnect from DNR202L for whatever reason, it does not show up on the log. The cams show up as a red x in the scan portion and only on rescan does it show up as a disconnect. But they were disconnected prior to the rescan as there is a red x.

Note: IMO this is adequate information for DLINK or its proxies to research and consider. I do not feel its my job to to do additional research or provide proof for DLINK other than to highlight a problem.
DLINK telephone support (tier 2) after two weeks has yet to answer questions on 1) HDD USB size and 2) email config. Even when these issues have been resolved with the help of members on the forum and/or myself. I doubt there will be any further contact and the people at telephone support either are incapable of responding or do not care enough to respond. It is fair to document this.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:13:52 AM by BAMoh »
"That's laughable...."  Impress me. Need COMPETENT help.

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
Re: Another next version firmware suggestion:
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 08:43:42 AM »

When cams disconnect from DNR202L for whatever reason, it does not show up on the log. The cams show up as a red x in the scan portion and only on rescan does it show up as a disconnect. But they were disconnected prior to the rescan as there is a red x.

Note: IMO this is adequate information for DLINK or its proxies to research and consider. I do not feel its my job to to do additional research or provide proof for DLINK other than to highlight a problem.
DLINK after two weeks has yet to answer questions on 1) HDD USB size and 2) email config. Even when these issues have been resolved with the help of members on the forum and/or myself. I doubt there will be any further contact and the people at telephone support who were supposed to address this should be fired IMO.

BAMoh,

Thank you very much for your input. All we can do in these forums is open our findings to discussion and learn from each other.  If a resolution to a problem makes it here directly from D-Link, it's a bonus.  Most of their work is published through their support sites and not here since these forums are only for US customers.
Thank you also for sharing your opinions. EVERYONE is entitled to have one and as long as there are no violations to any of our posting policies, we are glad to keep them posted here. As a suggestion, if you are really unhappy about the service their support team provided, you are most welcome to file a formal complaint with their customer service department to bring light to your experience and allow D-Link to look into the possible opportunities to update/change their scope of support. Keep in mind that fixes to isolated issues or problems affecting only those with specific configurations may take some time to replicate in other environments, making it difficult to produce a solution.   
Participation in these forums is completely optional and we are glad our forums community benefits from sharing information here, so, we will keep moving  forward facilitating these interactions.

Thanks again for your input!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:12:25 AM by Kakashi::. »

BAMoh

• Level 3 Member
Re: Another next version firmware suggestion:
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 08:40:31 PM »

Thanks.

BTW isolated issues? How is adding a USB 3 HDD 1GB or greater an isolated issue? That is common.
Email config is common as well. There is just no excuse for the poor support from DLINK telephone support IMO.
"That's laughable...."  Impress me. Need COMPETENT help.