• March 28, 2024, 04:45:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 930L wizard won't find my Internet connection  (Read 32869 times)

Edross

• Level 1 Member
930L wizard won't find my Internet connection
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »

Hi all, I find similar problems on forum, but here's mine.
I have 3 932ls and one 930l in a house in Massachusetts, all registered onto my dlink. All went fine.
I brought 3 more 932l and one 930l to a house in Mexico. I had problem w the 932l wizard. Then I noticed that I had brought 2 different wizard discs. They were different versions, the older one could not find a Internet connection, so I could go no further. I tried the newer version of the 932l wizard, it found my Internet connection, and did installation and registered all three 932ls to my current mydlink account. All fine so far. On my mydlink account I have the three Massachusetts 932s , the one Massachusetts 930, and the three Mexico 932s.
     I had forget to bring the 930L disc for the installation. Here is where the problem started. I downloaded the 930L wizard from the Dlink site, but I can't get past that first section where is says " checking active x, checking Internet, checking LAN " or something to that effect. It then says " can't find Internet connection, check your adapter, router, etc" or something to that effect. I can't go any further with that wizard.
     I was able to find the cam from my router and finally got that 930L interface, and did the manual as well as the automatic set-up. I can see the cam perfectly, by going to 192.168.1.101 I can log in, reset my password, did everything. I can see cam wirelessly.
    The problem is that I CAN'T register it to my mydlink account, and hence can't see it on mydlink lite , etc.
     I can ONLY see the cam INTRANET - WISE.
     the 930L wizard that I downloaded is worthless. I have disabled firewall, did everything, tried an XP PC, as well as a windows 7 laptop.
       Is there any way to add the cam to my mydlink account ? I even tried the 932L wizard that DOES find my Internet connection, but it doesn't find my 930 at the part where I have to chase a cam to set up.
      If I can't add the 930L to my mydlink account, I would even be happy if I could access it from the 192.168.1. Address, but I dont know how to set that up so that I can do that from a different network than my own.
    I suppose that there must be a way to get to my modem, my router and then to that 192.168.1.101 address, it's just that I am not savvy enuf to know how to do that

What should I do?

Thanks for the help
Ed

meebs

• Level 1 Member
Re: 930L wizard won't find my Internet connection
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »

I had the same problem.  I had to unregister my camera because I was getting spammed with emails due to the motion detection being too sensitive.  The problem is that it seems the "new" installation wizard that is required if you have upgraded your camera to firmware 1.04, will not find an internet connection.  The "old" setup wizard on your original CD, sees your internet connection, but can't register the camera because it is upgraded... Catch 22!!

To fix this you must downgrade your camera to v1.0 by downloading the old firmware here: http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads2008detail.asp

Select the DCS in the first dropdown, and then 930L in the second if you don't see a list of files.  The file you want to get is: Firmware: DCS-930L A1 FW v 1.00 (for ww).  This is the internal software that was loaded on your camera when it came out of the box.

Download the bin file to your computer and then log in to the camera via the IP you have assigned to it: 192.168.xxx.xxx.

* Go into Maintenance and "upgrade" to the old firmware that you just downloaded.  You can confirm that you're on the old version in the status tab.
* Run the old set up wizard from your CD, and register to MyDlink (yay!!)
* Go back into Maintenance in the camera admin panel, and upgrade your firmware back to 1.04.

Now you should be back up and running!

wireland

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »

Same problem, but found if the wizard is put on a memory stick will load from the stick, but if run from your computer get the error no internet

d515s23

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 10:06:15 PM »

I had the same problem.  I had to unregister my camera because I was getting spammed with emails due to the motion detection being too sensitive.  The problem is that it seems the "new" installation wizard that is required if you have upgraded your camera to firmware 1.04, will not find an internet connection.  The "old" setup wizard on your original CD, sees your internet connection, but can't register the camera because it is upgraded... Catch 22!!

To fix this you must downgrade your camera to v1.0 by downloading the old firmware here: http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads2008detail.asp

Select the DCS in the first dropdown, and then 930L in the second if you don't see a list of files.  The file you want to get is: Firmware: DCS-930L A1 FW v 1.00 (for ww).  This is the internal software that was loaded on your camera when it came out of the box.

Download the bin file to your computer and then log in to the camera via the IP you have assigned to it: 192.168.xxx.xxx.

* Go into Maintenance and "upgrade" to the old firmware that you just downloaded.  You can confirm that you're on the old version in the status tab.
* Run the old set up wizard from your CD, and register to MyDlink (yay!!)
* Go back into Maintenance in the camera admin panel, and upgrade your firmware back to 1.04.

Now you should be back up and running!

Whoever you are, thank you!

After wasting countless hours in vain trying out different ways to link my new dcs930l to mydlink account, I finally found this method that works. I just have to register an account to say thanks and to bump up this useful post.

Shame on dlink for making the setup so tedious and for not being able to address the problem!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 05:16:32 AM »

Whoever you are, thank you!

After wasting countless hours in vain trying out different ways to link my new dcs930l to mydlink account, I finally found this method that works. I just have to register an account to say thanks and to bump up this useful post.

Shame on dlink for making the setup so tedious and for not being able to address the problem!

The following post is in the Network Camera FAQ library on this board. I'll post it as as sticky on this camera board to gain more visibility.  ;)

DCS Network Cameras - Software Wizard Version Should Match Firmware Version
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Draxx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 11:13:46 AM »

There's a faster way around this issue:

1) Download the latest setup software for the webcam and the latest firmware for it.

2) Run software, setup the cam as a Wired ONLY connection.

3) Update the firmware - then reboot AND reset the cam back to factory settings.

4) Re-run software, again setup the cam as a Wired ONLY connection - right to the end where it allows you to register the device to your mydlink account.

5) Log into your mydlink account at http://www.mydlink.com

6) You'll see your camera in the view screen - working fine - but it's still wired.......

7) Click on the Settings Tab, scroll down and click on Advanced.

8) This will open a new window - and prompt you for the username (admin) and password for your cam.

9) Once you're logged in to the webcam's setup menu - you can see the tab for Wireless in the Settings tab here.

10) Wireless will be disabled (coz we've only setup the webcam as a Wired ONLY connection).

11) Enable Wireless, manually put in your wifi network's SSID and then choose either WEP or WPA - and enter your wifi network's password.

12) Save settings and exit.

13) Power off cam, remove ethernet cable, and power on - voila - it connects to your wifi network without any issues.