• April 19, 2024, 04:38:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Transmission in Add-on Center Causes Hang on DNS-320L  (Read 4084 times)

Oliver18

• Level 1 Member
Transmission in Add-on Center Causes Hang on DNS-320L
« on: June 24, 2016, 05:44:03 PM »

ShareCenter Model Number: DNS-320L
Add-on Name: Transmission
Add-on Version: 1.01
Detailed Description of your Issue : This particular version of Transmission makes my NAS hangs. I already used factory default settings of my nas, I already setup a static IP of my nas through network settings and through my router(DIR-655), prior to using this version of Transmission i had used the Transmission made by vtverdohleb and all was working well but ever since I decided to try this one, thinking that it is up-to date I was faced with hang issues with this particular version. I don't have the money to spare to donate to vtverdohleb but it is very frustrating that the Transmission that DLINK provides in Add-On center was MEDIOCRE and BUGGY, they didn't even had the decency to update it like vtverdohleb does. I'm stuck on using this Buggy Transmission since the built-in P2P of DNS-320L sucks bigtime (doesn't have queuing function).

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Oliver18

• Level 1 Member
Re: Transmission in Add-on Center Causes Hang on DNS-320L
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »

that link you posted requires me to pay in order for me to download (even though the russian man, says DONATE which I think when you use that word, it's supposed to be optional hence the word DONATE)  DLINK should be the one providing it.

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
Re: Transmission in Add-on Center Causes Hang on DNS-320L
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 01:25:55 PM »

that link you posted requires me to pay in order for me to download (even though the russian man, says DONATE which I think when you use that word, it's supposed to be optional hence the word DONATE)  DLINK should be the one providing it.

Please explain what you want:

Post: that link you posted requires me to pay in order for me to download
Answer: I am the owner of the site and have every right to set its own terms.

Answer: I'm not Russian, I am Ukrainian. And proud of it. Russian - for me insult.

Post: think when you use that word, it's supposed to be optional hence the word DONATE
Answer: See the first paragraph! ;)

Answer: ALL manufacturers of NAS (QNAP, Synology, Netgear, etc.) provide the SDK to build custom add-ons. I personally met a lot of both free and paid add-ons assembled on these SDK. If you think that the D-Link is obliged to provide a set of add-ons such as the Synology - compare the price of devices Klas. The difference really exists! Software is very expensive. This is me having a good on.
This is me having a good attitude to the D-Link, have exhibited a very nominal cost (a cup of coffee or a pack of cigarettes).
If I wring work and websites - users remain even without the add-ons, which I give for free.
Do you want that?

P.S. I do not force anyone to pay. Any add-on has a free version. Use please!
I am in no way obliged to D-Link, but I personally have 6-7 years of good opinion about the price / performance NAS D-Link, and so I try as much as possible to support this line of devices.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:39:16 PM by vtverdohleb »
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php