• March 28, 2024, 01:37:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSN-3200 forgot admin's password  (Read 29686 times)

blissyouku

• Level 1 Member
DSN-3200 forgot admin's password
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:05:10 PM »

Hi,all!

I have a DSN-3200,the trouble is I forgot the admin's password.I am very sure the account of admin have not ever been changed.The only trouble is the forgotted password.

I've checked the DSN-3200 but not found the reset to factory button(only found a small reset key).Can anybody be so kind to help me this?

Thanks! ;)
(Forgive my english,it's not my first language)

blissyouku

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSN-3200 forgot admin's password
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:51:04 PM »

Is this the reset key please?Whicn is the only button I can fin In the DSN-3200.Under the button there is a word:SW2,the second switch?

blissyouku

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 02:10:25 AM »

I have read the manual and quick install guide,but there was no word about forgot password :(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:45:15 PM by blissyouku »

mainstage

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:02:41 PM »

FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILL LOOKING FOR THIS INFO:

FROM KB:

The admin account was deleted or account password is lost. What to do?

With firmware version 1.4 or later you can now use the console port and a terminal emulation program to reset the unitīs admin account and/or passwords.

There are two scenarios where this comes in handy:

1) The controller comes with a default administrator account called 'admin' with password 'admin'. If you change this password and forget what it is, then you will need to use the console port to change it back to the default (password=admin).

2) You may delete the admin account, but only after creating a new admin-equivalent account and password. If you forget the password for this new admin-equivalent account, then you will need to use the console port to change the xStack Storage unit back to the defaults (username=admin, password=admin).

During the boot-up process, while watching the console, there are two points where you can break into the process. It is during the second break point where you can hit any key to have a selection of options including resetting the unit to factory defaults. (You must have physical access to the xStack Storage unit itself to do this.)

Luca-Mihaila Eliana-Teodora

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »

Luca-Mihaila Eliana-Teodora wrote:

As far as I know, you can't simply delete an account without creating a new one