• May 26, 2024, 09:33:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: firefly still not starting for me in 1.08 final  (Read 7893 times)

chip chanko

• Level 1 Member
firefly still not starting for me in 1.08 final
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:20:14 PM »

I still get the message "Initializing Firefly database, please wait." But nothing ever happens and it doesn't show up in iTunes. I am now using 1.08 final and the final firefly package for 1.08. The package has been running for over 24 hours and I still can't access its configuration menu.

PeterTh

• Level 1 Member
Re: firefly still not starting for me in 1.08 final
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:26:56 PM »

Same thing for me :-[

chip chanko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »

Any fix or update for this? It doesn't work.

mdntblu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 09:05:53 PM »

What does Firefly do?

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 10:32:09 AM »

What does Firefly do?

Firefly is the updated software for iTunes Server. It is completely optional as we also include the regular version however if you want the updated features like playlist creation and a little more robust interface then use Firefly. If you have problems with the add-on try removing and re-adding or starting and stopping the addon.

mdntblu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 10:38:22 PM »

After installing Firefly, how do you access it to set it up.

PeterTh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 05:31:15 PM »

If starting goes well you just have to click on the button « Launch Interface ». But, i had to modified the configuration file manually the first time to indicate the path of my music folder. (i.e. i had to use funplug...)

Correzpond

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »

The same problem for me (and after stopping / restarting and uninstalling / reinstalling).

Frankly the support provided by D-Link for most of these new add-ons is so poor it's hard to figure out why they bothered to release them at all. As a commercial organization I doubt that D-Link is driven by any need to provide early or B-release software to the Linux-speaking fanboys.

Why then does D-Link bother to provide these add-ons if it isn't prepared to confirm that they perform to a reasonable 'released' standard with even some basic support documentation ?

I've gone from liking my D-Link NAS a lot to wondering if D-Link can be relied upon to properly support it into the future.

And would I buy another D-LINK NAS? Well, after the experience of the hastily released & poorly documented Add-Ons, probably not.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:40:57 PM by Correzpond »

sbabolat

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 08:02:10 AM »

Same here.

I had a freezing problem with the 321.

Now I have a 323, and the itunes server (mt-daapd or firefly addon) while not freezing the box, is not starting at all.
I only get the message "launch interface, please wait."

Yep, I tried removing and replacing the addon, stopping and starting it, rebooting the box .... Hdd is active for a while but that is it.

Nothing shows up on itunes...

S.

PeterTh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 05:31:06 PM »

The problem seem to be cause by corrupt songs files. Try reducing the number of songs to the minimum on your disks for the first start.

tamlyn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 02:31:38 AM »

I have this problem too. It scans fine if I set it to a single artist folder but as soon as I set it to scan anything more it just crashes out. It's not feasible to track down which one (or more) of my 15,000+ MP3s is "corrupt" and causing it to choke. I've given up trying to make any of the advanced features on the DNS-323 work (which is what I misguidedly bought it for).