• April 26, 2024, 03:45:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Torrent problems  (Read 3677 times)

Webbson

• Level 1 Member
Torrent problems
« on: March 19, 2009, 02:32:17 PM »

Hello.

Today I bought an DIR-855. I´m running Hardware version A2 and Firmware Version: 1.12.

I have an ADSL2+ connection which I can top out at 14Mbit/s down and 2.2Mbit/s down.

Now to my problem, when I use torrents they can run at full speed when I start the software (utorrent for mac and transmission tested). But after less than a minute all torrent connections goes down to 0 and the log of the router is filled with reports of blocked connections. Mostly it remains this way all the time till I restart the program.

During this time the normal internet browsing works perfectly as normal. Earlier I ran this exakt configuration with and D-Link DI-804HV.

I've tested to disable firewall and QoS and everything without any results. Now I'm only confused and dissapointed in this piece of (expensive) device.

Update: Well the connection drops started to happen to all my ordinairy traffic as well. It didn't take long before I got a message of it measuring my network connection all the time. And now it's completely dead. Screen flickers when power is connected and the blue diod in the front turns of and on every 3seconds. No response to my tries to reset. Completely bricked! What a piece of [exploitive deleted], back to the store tomorrow for an exchange!

Update2: Got a new piece of hardware from the store today. And I still got the problems with speed going down to zero with my torrents. But then I found the solution!, I disabled Dynamic Fragmentation in the QoS area. So now I got my full stable speed back  ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:08:00 AM by Webbson »