The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-2630L

Already setup and registered dcs-2630 but wish to move to another network

(1/2) > >>

Sgbdk:
I have registered my dcs-2630 in mydlink Home app under my home wifi. Now I want to use the camera in another location and under a different wifi network. Do i need to reset and setup the camera all over again? I do not have wps enable on my mesh router.

Can someone advice me what to do?

FurryNutz:
You would need to get the camera connected to the new network wifi SSID. If you know the SSID and PW, you could pre-set the new SSID name and PW on the camera using it's web page. Save settings then power OFF the camera. Place at new location and it should connect to the new network wifi. If this fails then you'll need to reset the camera and walk thru the setup wizard with mydlink mobile app on a phone or pad.

GreenBay42:
You can log into the web UI on the camera and change the WiFi network (Setup > Router Connection)

Manual (page 28) - ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/DCS-2630L/REVA/DCS-2630L_REVA_MANUAL_1.00_EN_US.PDF

Sgbdk:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on April 24, 2019, 07:34:57 AM ---You would need to get the camera connected to the new network wifi SSID. If you know the SSID and PW, you could pre-set the new SSID name and PW on the camera using it's web page. Save settings then power OFF the camera. Place at new location and it should connect to the new network wifi. If this fails then you'll need to reset the camera and walk thru the setup wizard with mydlink mobile app on a phone or pad.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for taking the time to assist.. so if the camera is registered and setup on the previous network. I have to login to the web page to input the new ssid name and pw , save it before i can power up the camera at the new location? Or can i power up the camera at the new location, login to the webpage to input?

Sgbdk:

--- Quote from: GreenBay42 on April 24, 2019, 07:35:24 AM ---You can log into the web UI on the camera and change the WiFi network (Setup > Router Connection)

Manual (page 28) - ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/DCS-2630L/REVA/DCS-2630L_REVA_MANUAL_1.00_EN_US.PDF

--- End quote ---

Thanks.. is this step need to be done at the old location first or i can do it at the new location after powering up the camera?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version