• March 28, 2024, 03:51:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Trouble setting up my cam on my wi-fi network.  (Read 4143 times)

UnkleFunky

• Level 1 Member
Trouble setting up my cam on my wi-fi network.
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:02:38 PM »

Hello

I'm hoping I can find a remedy to my problem here because I'm having one helluva time getting my DCS-5020L working on my wi-fi network.

First off, I've followed the setup wizard all the way through with no issues. I've registered my camera (I have 2, but I've only registered the first one so far).

The problem arises when I disconnect the ethernet cable. I get to the point in the setup wizard where it asks me if I want to run the camera on ethernet, WPS or wi-fi. I choose wi-fi, it searches for my network signal, finds it and then prompts for a password. I enter the password and after it confirms the password is correct I hit "next". The wiz then asks me to disconnect the ethernet cable, so I do. But once I disconnect the cable the light turns from green to red and a message pops up asking if the light is solid green. I click no and it then says it can't find my network. I plug the cable back in, the light turns green and the camera works fine.

In my wireless router program it shows that the camera is an active device and shows it's info. So I know the router is seeing it. I've even added the camera's MAC address to the list of approved devices.

I've tried the WPS option and it still can't find my network once I disconnect the ethernet cable.

It's rather puzzling since when I go back through the wizard it finds my network, both regular and guest and I think even my neighbor's.

If anyone could help me out with a resolution it would be very much appreciated as I've already wasted two nights trying to figure out what could be wrong.

Thanks for your attention.

P.S. I sure wish D-Link had a phone number to call or a "Live Chat" kind of service. 

froad

• Level 2 Member
Re: Trouble setting up my cam on my wi-fi network.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 01:28:47 PM »

if you are in the USA - here are their support numbers.  Technical Support can be reached at:

Consumer/Retail Support
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
1 (877) 453-5465

Business/Enterprise Support
As specified in your product documentation:
1 (877) 354-6555

Multimedia Product Support
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
1 (888) 851-6464

UnkleFunky

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »

Awesome! Thank you! For some reason I was not seeing that in the manual or on the website. Maybe I was just so frustrated I was blinded by rage. Haha.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 09:16:30 PM »

Awesome! Thank you! For some reason I was not seeing that in the manual or on the website. Maybe I was just so frustrated I was blinded by rage. Haha.

How complicated is your network password?

Are you using the 2.4GHZ account/password?

Is this an Apple router?!!!!

UnkleFunky

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 09:37:15 PM »

I talked to customer service and we got it going. It was a lousy setting in my router config. I changed it to just 'WPA2 Personal' instead of 'WPA2/WPA Mixed Personal' and that seemed to do the trick. Now I've got two cameras operating via my Wi-Fi network. They work great!

BTW, I'm using a Linksys wireless router. I was told the cameras won't work on the 5GHz bandwidth, only the 2.4GHz.

Thanks for the numbers. The tech on the other end was very helpful.

Now I can finally get some rest.

My next task - trying to get around my company's Java and Active X restrictions so I can view my cameras from work. But at least I can view them via my smartphone.