• April 19, 2024, 07:18:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Old Gaming Bridge Problems  (Read 6323 times)

GJones

Old Gaming Bridge Problems
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:58:35 PM »

I have an old super G Bridge (DWL G810) that used to run at 108.  I upgraded my router to the DIR 655 (FW 1.5) and an N card (DWA 552) that run great together! However, I cant seem to get the bridge to work.  The DWL insists that I am using WEP when I am using WPA. Even when I changed to WEP, I couldn't get the DWL to connect.  Oddly, even though I never really got connected in any mode, everthing would slow down to 54 when I tried to connect the bridge.

Anyboy having any luck connecting older equipment? Any tips?

Thanks,

:-[
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 08:26:57 PM by GJones »

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: Old Gaming Bridge Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 09:16:01 AM »

Connecting with this G device WILL slow your network to 54mbps.

Does it connect in without encryption?  Where you using an ASCII or Hex WEP key?  How far from your router is your DWL-G810?  The fact that your network is slowing down tells me you are associated, you are just not passing encryption correctly.
non progredi est regredi

GJones

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 05:02:46 PM »

Connecting with this G device WILL slow your network to 54mbps.

Does it connect in without encryption?  Where you using an ASCII or Hex WEP key?  How far from your router is your DWL-G810?  The fact that your network is slowing down tells me you are associated, you are just not passing encryption correctly.

I don't think I tried no encryption.  I was using Hex WEP key.  The router is about 15" away (through a regular wall) and the XBox /DWL-G810 reported 5 bars (excellent signal).  So I am associated, but not passing encryption?  interesting.  Given it will all slow down to 54, I am keeping my ould router as a second access point devoted to G until I figure out what to do about a N gaiming bridge.  Any better ideas?

And thanks !   :D

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 09:50:24 AM »

No that should be the best course of action for you as far as I can tell.  Remember to turn off DHCP on the second router and connect them LAN to LAN to prevent double NAT'ing that XBOX.
non progredi est regredi

GJones

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »

No that should be the best course of action for you as far as I can tell.  Remember to turn off DHCP on the second router and connect them LAN to LAN to prevent double NAT'ing that XBOX.

Got it running,  & thanks!