• March 28, 2024, 05:04:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517106 times)

galanbr

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 08:39:11 PM »

The camera was right out of the box and I had not made any settings changes, so a factory reset should not have been required.  Nonetheless, I did as you suggested and performed a factory reset, which made no difference to the constant noise - it sounds like an old movie projector.  I can hear sounds when someone speaks so I know the microphone is working and that it is not an inherent defect in the camera itself.

p.s.  The other surprise was that performing a factory reset did a deletion of the camera registration on the mydlink site in my account.  I had to completely reinstall the camera.  I was not impressed by that!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:40:44 PM by galanbr »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 04:52:59 AM »

p.s.  The other surprise was that performing a factory reset did a deletion of the camera registration on the mydlink site in my account.  I had to completely reinstall the camera.  I was not impressed by that!

I believe this feature is intentional. There were a number of cases were users purchased refurbished cameras and were unable to register with mydlink because the camera was already registered under another name. The factory reset purges any residual registration data.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 09:38:18 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L)
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot)
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/color]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator)
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

MichaelCB

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »

In the power up sequence read time from the computer automatically. If the computer is not on then use the last time available. Make time a non-volatile setup parameter.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 09:05:31 AM »

In the power up sequence read time from the computer automatically. If the computer is not on then use the last time available. Make time a non-volatile setup parameter.

In the Web UI under SETUP > Time and Date there's an option to automatically synchronize the time/date from a user defined NTP server. Have you tested this functionality?

RavenShoe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 02:53:34 PM »

DCS-942L - great camera! Here is my wishlist for the next firmware release (I'm using v1.01):

- Change the "Send next FTP after" (Snapshot Setup) lower limit from 10 to 1 (as in the DCS-932L).

- Some sort of indicator that shows the motion detect is firing. Another indicator that shows the PIR is firing. This would help when configuring the motion detect parameters.

- ftp Test button (as in the DCS-932L)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 05:17:44 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot)
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator)
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)

• General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

laluffi1

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2012, 12:17:21 PM »

Hi!
I just registered myself to this forum because I just bought this webcam of which I must say that, until now, it's superior to my expectations.

Whishlist:

1) A smb server to access files in sd-card. It would be very useful, i guess. And quite easy to do: my box came with the GPL license, so is a Linux box, so it would be nice add samba-common and samba-server, like in d-link routers.
2) Firmware update. The page on the webinterface links to the Taiwanese site ( http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/) which is funny but pointless. Unless you speak Taiwanese... :)

I post other wishes when I'll put this camera under production. If it will fit my expectation, will be first of other two webcam devoted to look over our family's country house.

See you soon, space cowboy...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2012, 02:20:11 PM »

Hi!
I just registered myself to this forum because I just bought this webcam of which I must say that, until now, it's superior to my expectations.

Whishlist:

1) A smb server to access files in sd-card. It would be very useful, i guess. And quite easy to do: my box came with the GPL license, so is a Linux box, so it would be nice add samba-common and samba-server, like in d-link routers.
2) Firmware update. The page on the webinterface links to the Taiwanese site ( http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/) which is funny but pointless. Unless you speak Taiwanese... :)

I've added your items to the Wishlist.
...and welcome to the forum.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2012, 02:24:17 PM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/

laluffi1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »

In the Web UI under SETUP > Time and Date there's an option to automatically synchronize the time/date from a user defined NTP server. Have you tested this functionality?

Add my 1 cent to this wish. I just discovered that this setting is not carried over the next reboot.

For example, ntp server could not be accessible. In the place where my camera will work, I have no internet but just a local lan with no computers but just a router and some cameras. When I go there a carry my laptop with me.

So, one wish more.
Time/date carried on over reboots;

laluffi1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2012, 04:04:42 PM »

Uh, and thanks for you welcome.

laluffi1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 02:01:18 PM »

Ok I found the first real bug bug.

Light sensor switches to night mode too early. My firmware is 1.10_1217 (EU) but it happens with 1.10_1229 as well.

In our living room with all the lights on, which is a lot of light, camera set up to night mode. The only way to get back to day mode (a color image along) is to point directly toward light bulbs.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 05:43:37 AM »

Add my 1 cent to this wish. I just discovered that this setting is not carried over the next reboot.

For example, ntp server could not be accessible. In the place where my camera will work, I have no internet but just a local lan with no computers but just a router and some cameras. When I go there a carry my laptop with me.

So, one wish more.
Time/date carried on over reboots;

I'll need other users to validate this as a bug before adding.  :-\

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 05:44:23 AM »

Ok I found the first real bug bug.

Light sensor switches to night mode too early. My firmware is 1.10_1217 (EU) but it happens with 1.10_1229 as well.

In our living room with all the lights on, which is a lot of light, camera set up to night mode. The only way to get back to day mode (a color image along) is to point directly toward light bulbs.

This item is already on the list:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19