• March 28, 2024, 05:14:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't enable wireless DCS-950G  (Read 7428 times)

RichStevenson

• Level 1 Member
    • Rich Stevenson
Can't enable wireless DCS-950G
« on: July 26, 2009, 05:55:04 PM »

I've had this camera up and running about a year ago. Since then it's been powered off and not used. Today I decided to connected it back up and could not get the wireless working. So I did a factory reset by holding the reset button in for 10 seconds and also upraded the firmware to 1.08. But even after doing that I still cannot get the wireless working. From the camera's web interface, Wirless|Advanced if I select Enable the page resfreshes and the setting goes back to Disable. If I enter any of the wireless network info, and click Apply, the screen again refreshes and all of that info is cleared.

Also tried configuring from the Setup Wizard program installed from the CD, but the Wireless page as shown in the manual never comes up. I get the login and IP page and that's it.

Am I just missing something? Hard wired the camera works fine.

Thanks,
Rich

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Can't enable wireless DCS-950G
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »

Clear the browser cache or try to apply changes from another PC or Browser.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

RichStevenson

• Level 1 Member
    • Rich Stevenson
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »

Clear the browser cache or try to apply changes from another PC or Browser.

Thanks but that didn't work. I cleared the cache and also accessed the web interface from another PC. You mentioned trying another browser. The camera didn't seem to like Firefox. Is there another one I could use? Like I mentioned before though, even the software for the camera doesn't give me the option to configure the wireless.

Thanks,
Rich

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 05:49:53 PM »

It sounds like the mini-pci card in the camera probably popped out. If you shake the camera does it rattle?

RichStevenson

• Level 1 Member
    • Rich Stevenson
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 04:52:03 PM »

It sounds like the mini-pci card in the camera probably popped out. If you shake the camera does it rattle?

There wasn't any rattling but until your reply, I assumed everything was on one board in the camera. So thanks to your insight, I took the unit apart but the card was tight in the socket. So I removed it and reseated it and the software now sees the wireless card.

Thanks for the help!
Rich

http://RichStevenson.com
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:38:47 AM by RichStevenson »