• March 28, 2024, 09:54:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: cant find router on my laptop  (Read 8365 times)

heidemann

• Level 1 Member
cant find router on my laptop
« on: March 12, 2010, 12:05:16 PM »

okay, so me and my dad bought D-Link DIR-600 router today. we plug it in etc. install it with the cd guide. it works great on the LAN connections, and the wireless connection works on my sisters laptop, but NOT on my moms laptop. on my mothers laptop, it cant find the router. or, it can find something, i think its the router, but its called "Network without a name"(translated directly from danish :P). so i try to connect to "Network without a name", and then it ask me for a (SSID) name, and as far as i know/remember, the (SSID) name is "dlink", so i write "dlink", then it asks me for more informations: username, password, logondomain.. so i write "dlink" in the username field, and the password for the wireless network in the password field. but i dont know what "logondomain" is.. so i just write dlink.
it tries to connect, but it says its not enough, or it justs says it doesnt work and tell me to look for other wireless networks..

so my question is: how can i get my mothers laptop to connect to the router..? (wireless)
or, what could the problem be.. and how could i fix it ?

TheComputerGuy23

• Level 1 Member
Re: cant find router on my laptop
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:06:43 AM »

hmmm i suggerst you go into the GUI of the router that 192.168.0.1... eneter your username and password for the router.. and click on wireless setup... then on Manual Wireless Connection Setup....  look for this in that page     *

Wireless Network
Use this section to configure the wireless settings for your D-Link router. Please note that changes made in this section may also need to be duplicated on your wireless client.

To protect your privacy you can configure wireless security features. This device supports three wireless security modes including: WEP, WPA and WPA2.

Wireless Network Settings

make sure this box is checked as well Enable Wireless

change this  Wireless Channel default is 6 try to max it out to 10....

change also this.. Wireless Network Name to anything you want... default is dlink....

and for the SSID broadcast it only means that if you enable it if the laptop detects a network it will show dlink instead of Unidentified network...

if you cannot change the Wireless Channel uncheck this box Enable Auto Channel Selection

also try to set up your Wireless security mode.... or you can just turn it off so that you don't have problems with the password of your wireless

but if you do turn it on... select WEP and it will ask for 5 ASCII characters... meaning 5 keyboard characters like "asdfg"   ;D