• March 28, 2024, 01:29:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492793 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cut-over threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

escottc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »

With so many changes I suspect this will take a while. So, how long is "a while?"  :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2012, 07:09:30 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cut-over threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

scott_angeal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »

On top of having three D-link 932Ls cameras I love, I also have a Linksys\Cisco WVC80N camera and a Logitech Alert 750  camera, and both have motion detection with email alerts and a setting for time between alerts (I know on list already) but on the Cisco you can control the email content to send so many frames before and after motion is detected. So I get a email with about 14 frames and that is the only reason I use that camera
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:23:30 PM by scott_angeal »

MarkPenders

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2012, 07:58:20 AM »

I'm a user since a couple of days (after my colleague successfully posted pics of the thiefs in his house). Two items are on my wish list:

- user defined interval in which motion detection takes place (already on the list)
- a "motion dectect NOW"-button or -functionality (e.g. when you suddenly have to leave the house)

Cheers,

Mark

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »

- a "motion dectect NOW"-button or -functionality (e.g. when you suddenly have to leave the house)

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  The web interface already has a Motion Detection enable/disable option.

MarkPenders

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2012, 09:34:08 AM »

True, but logging in isn't always convenient. I'm thinking of an of/off switch in the dlink iPad-app, or a small app on a PC.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »

Understood. That request falls under the purview of mydlink.com website or apps. There's a wishlist sticky post for those types of items at the top of this board: mydlink.com

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2012, 03:41:11 PM »

True, but logging in isn't always convenient. I'm thinking of an of/off switch in the dlink iPad-app, or a small app on a PC.

I added your item to the myDlink.com Wishlist: mydlink.com Wishlist

MarkPenders

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2012, 03:59:03 AM »

Thx

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2012, 05:35:22 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

gettingout

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2012, 04:59:28 AM »

I've just setup two DCS-932L's (firmware 1.0.3) and am considering buying some more.

Features not on the list that I'd like and don't currently see available are:

1) Support for SMB.
Rationale: Home router exports SMB but not FTP. Higher bandwidth to router SMB.
2) Configuring JPEG parameters for image quality.
Rationale: Pictures seem to be fixed around 30KB, still quality does not seem as good as live video feed.
3) Upload to Amazon S3 / Windows Azure / SkyDrive storage accounts (all are REST interfaces).
Rationale: ftp is dying and getting expensive to find, cheaper alternatives exist.
4) Ability to turn off LEDs.
Rationale: camera is immediately visible to an intruder. (alt: use tape).
5) Ability to clone settings from one camera to another.
Rationale: manually cloning settings is tedious and error ridden.

If the source code for the web server is open and has a path for incorporating user changes, I'm happy to spend cycles contributing to making these work.

BTW, OOBE is fairly ugly with these devices. The self-signed certificates, the plugins, turning off UAC, active-X controls that run cmd.exe scripts that futz with the registry etc. Yuk! No chance of my Mom being able to set one up. Once they are working, they are pretty impressive though.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2012, 06:07:54 AM »

1) Support for SMB.
Rationale: Home router exports SMB but not FTP. Higher bandwidth to router SMB.
2) Configuring JPEG parameters for image quality.
Rationale: Pictures seem to be fixed around 30KB, still quality does not seem as good as live video feed.
3) Upload to Amazon S3 / Windows Azure / SkyDrive storage accounts (all are REST interfaces).
Rationale: ftp is dying and getting expensive to find, cheaper alternatives exist.

Added...  ;)

4) Ability to turn off LEDs.
Rationale: camera is immediately visible to an intruder. (alt: use tape).

This functionality already exists:

• MAINTENANCE > Admin > LED Control > Normal/Off

5) Ability to clone settings from one camera to another.
Rationale: manually cloning settings is tedious and error ridden.

This functionality already exists. Save a copy of the DCS-932L configuration to a file from camera 1 and upload to camera 2:

• MAINTENANCE > System > Save Configuration
  • MAINTENANCE > System > Restore Configuration from File

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2012, 06:17:20 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - SMB Support
  • Email/FTP - Ability to configure JPEG parameters for image quality

Reddok

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »

I see my top wishes are already on the list:

Ability to turn off the IR LEDs
More time intervals available for scheduling for motion based email notifications.
Time limit before sending more motion based email notifications.

But how about being able to set the brightness/contrast separately for day and night mode?

I use my camera through a window to monitor my driveway at night.  IR LEDs reflect off the window so by taping over them and turning up the brightness, I can see my driveway.  But when it switches back to daylight mode in the morning sun, the high brightness washes out the image.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20