• March 28, 2024, 06:55:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Want to use as go between to share PC's internet connection...  (Read 2898 times)

Esbat

• Level 1 Member

Okay this is the gist of it:

I'm from texas and our Roadrunner cable internet service sucks so I have switched to ATT yahoo dsl, they keep sending me refurbished modems, they usually work fine for about 1 to 3 months and they overheat and then intermittently or just flat out don't work. I've been using my WBR 1310 to share that connection to the 3 computers in my house.

Now I'm fed up with the stupid 2210 speedstream modem they've sent to me recently. I went as far opening the case building a "air box" that lets lots of air through to cool it off PLUS mounted a heatsink to the chip. That revived the modem for about a month before the problems started up all over again. With the new school year coming up I don't want my family to be without regular internet access.

So I have purchased a Zoom 5510B ADSL usb modem. Now it doesn't have a network port as it jacks straight into a single PC via USB so I'm at a loss on how to get my WBR 1310 to share that connection. Any tips on how to hook up my PC to act as the internet gateway and share the connection?

And thanks in advance for all the help!