• April 23, 2024, 02:59:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Microphone Will Not Work Remotely  (Read 5226 times)

mrgisa

• Level 1 Member
Microphone Will Not Work Remotely
« on: March 16, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I've been pulling out my hair trying to get this part of the camera to work the way it should.  Allow me to explain.

Camera works perfectly when connected (via Wi-Fi) to a local network.  I bought this camera for the ability to see and to speak into it via a remote device (i.e. my iphone) so that I can speak to my dog when I am not home (he has separation anxiety that we are working through).

When I go to the store and try to establish a remote connection, I can get an image and can pan it, but the problem is, when I tap on the microphone icon, it simply hangs and hangs and hangs: forever!  I've tried countless times, but I simply cannot get the microphone function to work.  I've tried numerous times and even with my wife's phone but it never ever works on a remote connection.

I have hooked everything up in working order with the camera itself (and updated the firmware).  I've upgraded to the most current cable modem through my ISP (Rogers) had them tinker with my router settings on their end, and even tried D-Link's online customer support but it still does not work.  I know I use an older iPhone (4G) using 3G settings, but if I can pan and see what my camera is showing, why doesn't the microphone work?  Could it have something to do with my phone provider (Telus)?  Or is there a setting on my phone that is causing this?

Any help would be MOST appreciated as I'm going mad trying to get this to work...

Mr. Gisa

alex_camera

• Level 1 Member
Re: Microphone Will Not Work Remotely
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:45:04 AM »

Hi Gisa,

I have the same problem:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=61662.0

Nobody helps me. I have tried several times changing configuration without solution and crashing all the installation and start from 0, but still not work.

In my opinion is a problem of mydlink lite app, also other apps like ip cam viewer pro doesn't work. The only solution is via the webpage https://eu.mydlink.com
But it works difficult.

Alex

mrgisa

• Level 1 Member
Re: Microphone Will Not Work Remotely
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:01:19 PM »

Hi Alex,

Thank you for writing back.  I've spent most of the last few days trying to fix this problem without success.  I talked to my ISP (who tried to help, but couldn't) and two different tech support folks at d-link, who were not very helpful.  I realized the only other option might be with my phone provider, so I talked to tech support online and they gave me a great idea which did isolate my problem.  That's the good news.  Let me explain.

The tech thought it might have to do with the fact that my phone is so old and using 3G.  These days, surfing the Net doesn't always work so well for my iPhone 4G (which can only utilize 3G and might not even load a webpage at times) but I'm one of those people who prefers to use something until it breaks, rather than upgrade to be fashionable.  I planned on using my phone until it literally died or broke...anyhow, the tech I chatted with suggested using a temporary "loaner" phone capable of using LTE at one of my phone providers locations to test it out.

Sure enough, I went today to try using the my dlink app on a phone that was LTE capable and the microphone worked within seconds.

So there you go folks.  If you are a dinosaur like me and have this issue, find out what connection your phone uses and consider trying out the app on a phone that can use LTE ton confirm what I did.  It seems to be the issue for me.

And now, to look into getting a new phone...lol

Good luck and hope this helps!

Mr. Gisa

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:03:41 PM by mrgisa »