• April 19, 2024, 03:22:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Amazon.com Unbox  (Read 4806 times)

videorx

Amazon.com Unbox
« on: December 10, 2008, 06:42:19 AM »

Has anyone gotten Amazon.com Unbox videos working on the DSM-520?  I have downloaded The Dark Knight (it was free with purchase of the DVD), and I cannot get it to play.  It works fine on the Vista laptop I downloaded it on, but it says it is an unrecognized format on the DSM-520.  It is WMV9 with DRM, and everything sounds like it should work, but it doesn't.  I have configured Windows Media Player 11 to share it's library and am using that when trying to play.  The file size is 2.87G, in case that is a factor.  I don't want to download more Unbox videos unless there was success.  (BTW, I'm using 1.06 firmware)

fccgrant

• Level 2 Member
Re: Amazon.com Unbox
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 05:47:39 PM »

I haven't used Unbox from Amazon. 

Is there any way to find out what the bit rate is?

Does the DSM-520 state that it can play DRM content (or something to that effect) when the connection to the PC is made?

Have you tried to see if it will play with the D-Link Media server?

videorx

Re: Amazon.com Unbox
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:14:31 AM »

Windows Media Player reports that the bitrate is 7Mbps.  Yes, the 520 states that it can play protected Windows Media files when I connect to my PC.  I will check the D-Link server to see if it works that way (I tried it through Media Sharing in WMP in Vista).  Thanks.