• April 19, 2024, 03:40:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dead after trying to update firmware  (Read 25666 times)

Yabb

• Level 1 Member
Dead after trying to update firmware
« on: September 21, 2009, 04:41:34 PM »

Hello everybody, I have a WBR-2310 Ver B1 Firmware ver 2.00. Yesterday I tried to update to the latest firmware but I did It wirelessly  :-[ , immediately I lost signal and never could get this router to work again, I've been trying to connect by cable but my laptop does not recognize any signal by lan port.
Is there any way to restore the firmware to a previous version or so?, I think that the firmware was corrupted during installation or something like that and now it doesn't have a working firmware to operate, but I don't know how to get connection or to get It back to a previous state.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!  :-[ :( :'(

Thanks

Yuri

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
Re: Dead after trying to update firmware
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 06:20:42 AM »

To quote the manuals: do NOT do a firmware update over a wireless link.

I honestly don't know if you 'bricked' the device or if it is recoverable - maybe the infamous help desk people might be able to help?

If not, this could be a good chance to buy a decent device from a different vendor....

idq000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:08:13 PM »

Luckily, D-Link has built in a way to unbrick your router if you accidentally bricked it.  Here is the link to the article to unbrick your router:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14090809

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »

Luckily, D-Link has built in a way to unbrick your router if you accidentally bricked it.  Here is the link to the article to unbrick your router:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14090809

Ah - the "Crash Recovery Page"... Good find.   :)