• April 26, 2024, 07:36:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Spam Mail  (Read 2445 times)

aroraditya

• Level 1 Member
Spam Mail
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:10:35 AM »

Dear All,

I am facing Spam mail issue is there and way to block Spam mail through DFL-800.

I am network manager of a small company, we are having  appox 40 desktop and laptop from last few days my ISP is complaining about spam through our network. i have checked all the system all are updated with antivirus.  And my static IP is also getting blacklisted and as well as our mail server. our mail server is not hosted in our network.

Please advise me what can i do to control spam and make my network safe.

Thanks for the advise.

Regards
Aditya

chechito

• Level 3 Member
Re: Spam Mail
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »

you need to block outgoing connections to addresses different to the mail server hosted outside, that help to avoid your public static ip being blacklisted.

aroraditya

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »

Dear chechito,

thanks for the reply this is what i am looking for but i dont know how to do that in DFL800, please advise how to do that.

Regards
Aditya

chechito

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 10:31:45 PM »

firewall works from the basis of any traffic its allowed, in other words all traffic its blocked unless you permit it with a rule.

you can forbid dns (udp 53) traffic to any server on the internet except opendns servers

your case its similar the diferences are:

change dns (udp 53) by smtp (tcp 25)
change open dns servers ip by your mail provider ip

if you dont know how to do that:

;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM   ;D

dlink provides a lot of documentation right from the web gui using the help link on the upper rigth corner

port redirection its a nice way to explore and understand the way to do things with netdefend firewalls

nice reading
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:34:19 PM by chechito »