• March 30, 2024, 01:17:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Define users who can access sites  (Read 4360 times)

araujodocarmo

• Level 1 Member
Define users who can access sites
« on: January 13, 2011, 08:18:43 AM »

Hello

How can I set a group of users by IP, in order to gain access to sites that are on the Black list.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:06:30 AM by araujodocarmo »

araujodocarmo

• Level 1 Member
Re: Define users who can access sites
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 02:25:28 AM »

Nobody can help me?

I have a Dlink DFL 200

silver_surfer30

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »

download this file : ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dfl_firewall/dfl-700/dfl-700_User_Authentication_example.pdf

then use http_outbound service.

araujodocarmo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 08:34:26 AM »

Thanks

The link is not working.

Bye

silver_surfer30

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »

Ok. Link is working but anyway.
find bellow a how to :

This document will  show  how the DFL-700 is configured for user access control using  the User Authentication function.  This example only  shows  policies  based  on HTTP and FTP access however the User Authentication function can be used on any policy  that you have  created.  The DFL-700 can be used with a RADIUS server if there are a large number of users that need to be supported.

1 - The first thing to do is to change  the default HTTP and HTTPS Administration ports.  This is because  the 'User Authentication' function will  now use port 80 and 443. To change  the HTTP/HTTPS Administration, click  on System7 Administration.  Change  the HTTP and HTTPS port the preferred port.  In this example, the ports are HTTP (8080) and HTTPS (444).  Click on Apply.   

2 - Go into Firewall7 Users.  Select the option for Enable User Authentication via HTTP/HTTPS.   Select the HTTPS only option and  set the Timeout as desired.  Click  on Apply.  Click  on Add New at the bottom of the screen to add  users.

3 - Enter the Username, Group Membership (webusers) and Password for the user.
Add more users/groups as needed.  Click  on Apply when  finished.

4 - Now  it's time to specify which  groups according to the policy.  Go into Firewall7 Policy7
LAN7WAN.   This firewall has 4 rules configured in total and  2 are for outgoing FTP and
HTTP connections.   Click  on Edit against allow_http

5 - Type  in the group 'webusers'  under the Users/Groups field  under Source Nets.   Click on Apply

6 - Go into Firewall7 Policy7 LAN7WAN and  this time edit the allow_ftppassthrough policy.  Type  in the group 'ftpusers' under the Users/Groups field  under Source Nets. Click  on Apply

7 - Click  on Activate at the bottom left hand  corner of the screen.

8 - Click  on the 'Activate Changes' button.

9 -  After the DFL-700 has rebooted you  will  find  that you  will  no longer be able  to access the Internet as before. In order to access the Internet, you  will  need  to login  to the DFL-700 to get access. To do this, type in  https://192.168.1.1.   You will  now  get an Authentication screen as shown  below  instead of the DFL-700 administration screen.
Type  in the username and  password and  then click  on Submit.

10 - You will  now  get the screen below  once  you  have  successfully logged in.  You just minimise this screen while  logged in.

11 - The user  in the  webuser group should now  be able  to access the Internet whilst logged in.

Basically that should do it ....just follow

scrubsguy

• Level 2 Member
  • Blame it on the guy who can't speak english
    • NTCS
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 01:22:52 AM »

will this work on the dfl-210?

i have about 4 of these units.. office and home and would like to have this function
skype me! pietta09

danilovav

• Level 4 Member
  • Alexandr Danilov
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 09:31:52 AM »

On DFL-210 you can define rules on the base of source ip/network and limit servers by destination ip/network and/or by HTTP ALG
BR, Alexandr Danilov

scrubsguy

• Level 2 Member
  • Blame it on the guy who can't speak english
    • NTCS
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »

thanks will try this on my home network first
skype me! pietta09