• March 28, 2024, 03:03:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Very slow with Windows 7  (Read 6320 times)

adrianm

• Level 1 Member
Very slow with Windows 7
« on: September 17, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »

I just started running my DNS-343 (firmware 1.03) with a Windows 7 Premium pc.  I have wired ethernet connections to my DNS-343 but I am getting very slow data transfer speeds (600k per sec).  I talked with DLink tech support and they told me that I need to wait for the Windows 7 drivers to be released in a month and that should fix the problem I am having with speed.  Does anyone know of a workaround?  Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Very slow with Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:26:24 AM »

I've experienced this issue a handful of times accessing the DNS-343 from a Windows 7 PC.  97% of the time the unit has good throughput, but on a rare occasion drops to the ~600kb range.  When this happens, rebooting the PC typically always the problem.  Again, these occurrences are so infrequent, that rebooting doesn't bother me that much.

I wasn't aware that this was caused by a driver issue.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

adrianm

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 10:04:11 AM »

Thanks for your note.  I think that I have a configuration/network setup issue that could probably solve my problem.  I also think that the long term fix is the Windows 7 drivers.  Can you give me some ideas how you set things up?  Did you use a home network or a work network, I am not sure if this makes a difference or not.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 10:16:13 AM »

I'm on a home network and use a DLink DIR-615 router. the client PC (running Windows 7) and DNS-343s are on wired Ethernet.  I generally push/pull over 10 mbps, but on a rare occasion this drops to the ~600 kbps range you raised in your earlier post.  My XP boxes have consistently high throughput (even on wireless), only my Windows 7 box is impacted by this issue.

Is your throughput on Windows 7 always low or just intermittently?

BTW - I have two DNS-343s.  One using FW v1.03 and the other using  v1.04.  Both have identical performance in case you were wondering if the firmware was a factor.

adrianm

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 07:50:15 AM »

My router is a Netgear RangeMax Gigabit (WNDR3700) and I am connected with wired ethernet connections.  Thanks for your note about the firmware, I was considering trying 1.04 but that doesn't like it will help.  My low speed is always very low, rebooting does not help.  I think that there is a probably a network configuation change on either my router (but it was not slow using my old XP box) or my new Windows 7 pc which would solve my issue.  Any other ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 08:03:44 AM »

Based on what you wrote, I think we can rule out the DNS-343 as the culprit.  This may be a pain, but you can always save your router settings to your desktop and go back to the factory defaults to rule out the router as the cause.  At least that will tell you where to focus your efforts.