• April 16, 2024, 02:34:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: both my wireless cameras keep showing red x, wired seem fine  (Read 2969 times)

FTLOSM

• Level 1 Member
both my wireless cameras keep showing red x, wired seem fine
« on: November 15, 2016, 10:17:14 PM »

Hey guys I have 4 cameras total setup on my computer and in the past rarely did I have any issues really, windows 7, using the dlink main console program, 2 of the cameras are hard wired they always seem to show up and work for me fine, the two wireless ones though, when I go to check them via the dlink app on iphone lately they keep showing as a red x.

I close the app, reopen it, hit refresh no change, i go unplug the camera and re plug it in it works again a few days then just sort of fizzles out and goes back to a red x again.

I haven't really had this happen before so I am kinda stumped as to what to do or troubleshoot, they do work for a while maybe 2-5-9-12 days at a time no problem then suddenly they show with a red x like there is no camera connected which is odd.

The wifi doesn't seem to be flaky lately or anything that I have noticed anyways, and I even went in and changed one to my other wifi acct (2g 5g and guess acct) thought maybe it would help me determine if only one cut out what was going on, today they went out again one was on 2g one on 5g, so I guess that didn't do anything.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen before and what if any solution they had besides going and unplugging them then plugging them back in, that does seem to work but is temporary only a few days to a week basically then red x again in dlink iphone and via browser dlink urls.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: both my wireless cameras keep showing red x, wired seem fine
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 06:44:04 AM »

Can you connect locally to the wireless cameras web page using the local IP address in a web browser when this happens?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
How many other wireless devices do you have connected to the main host router?
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?

I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step:DHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: both my wireless cameras keep showing red x, wired seem fine
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 09:24:54 AM »

Any status on this?  ???

Hey guys I have 4 cameras total setup on my computer and in the past rarely did I have any issues really, windows 7, using the dlink main console program, 2 of the cameras are hard wired they always seem to show up and work for me fine, the two wireless ones though, when I go to check them via the dlink app on iphone lately they keep showing as a red x.

I close the app, reopen it, hit refresh no change, i go unplug the camera and re plug it in it works again a few days then just sort of fizzles out and goes back to a red x again.

I haven't really had this happen before so I am kinda stumped as to what to do or troubleshoot, they do work for a while maybe 2-5-9-12 days at a time no problem then suddenly they show with a red x like there is no camera connected which is odd.

The wifi doesn't seem to be flaky lately or anything that I have noticed anyways, and I even went in and changed one to my other wifi acct (2g 5g and guess acct) thought maybe it would help me determine if only one cut out what was going on, today they went out again one was on 2g one on 5g, so I guess that didn't do anything.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen before and what if any solution they had besides going and unplugging them then plugging them back in, that does seem to work but is temporary only a few days to a week basically then red x again in dlink iphone and via browser dlink urls.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.