• April 27, 2024, 12:18:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-X1870 Connected but no Internet  (Read 3587 times)

optimxr

• Level 1 Member
DAP-X1870 Connected but no Internet
« on: March 29, 2022, 04:04:33 PM »

After installing my new DAP-X1870 extender using the WEB interface for setup, I can sign-in to the extender channel and get connected but there is no Internet connection. My Arris TG2482A WiFi Router has full Internet connectivity as well as all my WiFi devices(PC,Tablet,Phone). The lights on the extender are all green and the WiFi signal is strong in 3 different locations in the house. My question is why only the extender doesn't get a Internet connection when everything else does. I have taking the following steps to troubleshoot the problem:
1) Flushed the Windows DNS
2) Disabled the Windows Firewall on my PC
3) Changed the extender channel from 1 to 6
I posted this problem first before I decide to reset the extender back to factory defaults and start over. Any suggestions are welcome.

optimxr

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP-X1870 Connected but no Internet
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 07:18:09 PM »

Does anyone know how I can update the firmware without a connection to the internet? I've been advised this may be the solution.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 07:38:18 PM »

You can go here and download the firmware:

https://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DAP-X1870

optimxr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 12:08:53 PM »

Problem solved! It turns out my firmware was the latest version, 1.01. To my surprise, when I logged into the WEB I/O to make one minor change, the setup software was very different from before(simplified). I made the name change to the SSID and stepped thru the rest of the setup making no other changes and saved. Once I did this, the internet connection was working and all my WiFi devices were able to connect and get the internet. I suspect that the software may have changed from the time I first logged into the WEB I/O to the most recent time explaining how I was able to solve this problem but this is not what I would call a good solution.  ???