• March 28, 2024, 04:28:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: lost of connection with IP Cameras  (Read 8681 times)

agjwf

lost of connection with IP Cameras
« on: November 14, 2008, 04:26:59 PM »

Hi,,,, I have 8 DCS-5220 SW~B2 and 4 DCS-2120 SW~A1 ..... So I tried to test them using wireless connection in one room before fixing them in there designated places. The result is that sometimes one or more ....... maybe 4 or 5 cameras are disconnected. More of that it took more than 2 minutes for these cameras to be reconnected...??? (I have used both IP surveillance and the D-ViewCam).

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: lost of connection with IP Cameras
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 07:02:36 PM »

Perhaps you could explain exactly what the problem you are experiencing is, and also provide some addtitional detail ...

You mention setting the cameras up wirelessly to test them - that doesn't tell us anything about how they are connected now - and if we are to presume wireless, then they will be subject to all the quirks of any wireless network device - the environment in which they are installed plays a major part on how well they work, interference from other wireless networks, from cordless phones, microwave ovens, toys, baby monitors - attenuation caused by walls (and if any of them are externally mounted - foil backed insulation may be an issue).

RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

agjwf

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:30:13 PM »

Thanks & sorry for being late. I've programed these cameras to work with router DIR-400 & with DWL-G700AP as repeaters. uPnP features is activated .Also using security WPA-PSK ,RTSP IS OFF , VIDEO 640x480 AUDIO 32Kbps. while using IP surveillance all the cameras are working and can be monitored but randomly some of the cameras get disconnected for a while. It could be seen at same time in My Network Places (uPnP) that they are disconnected from the network.
8 -DCS-5220  H/W B2G - S/W 1.04
3 -DCS-2120  H/W A1   - S/W 1/03
I am using (DNS-323) for recording video.

usernameandpass

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 09:59:17 AM »

I had similar problems with 2100AP and the 3220 using it to interface to a wireless network. The cause I found is the wireless network resets that seem to happen on the routers they were using. Worst one for doing it was the microsoft router and best was a DLink. Didn't try them on a Netgear. 2 out of the 4 cameras were doing it and they were the ones on wireless. I moved all the cameras to wired connections and the problem went away. Might be something to do with the time the SSID is broadcast to the network.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:03:01 AM by usernameandpass »

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 04:54:53 AM »

The problem is most likely interference - wireless networks are subject to interference from many potential sources - literally anything operating on the 2.4 GHz ISM bands - other wireless networks, surveillance cameras (not necessarily ip cameras), cordless phones, baby monitors, video game consoles, remote control toys - and probably a few more that I can't remember off the top of my head.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.