• April 25, 2024, 05:53:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Strange connectivity issues...  (Read 2829 times)

achampion

• Level 1 Member
Strange connectivity issues...
« on: May 24, 2010, 01:19:34 AM »

Simple set up DAP-1522 -> Wireless Gateway (Draytek 2820N)
2 laptops connected wirelessly to the gateway. 2 wired computer connected to the DAP-1522.

DAP-1522 successfully connected wirelessly in bridge mode to the gateway (192.168.0.1) and all devices can see all other devices on my network, except very strangely the wired computers on DAP-1522 cannot see the gateway, i.e. cannot ping 192.168.0.1 and hence cannot get out to the internet.

DAP-1522 configured for Dynamic network but assigned a fixed-ip (192.168.0.50) in the DHCP service running in the gateway. All devices use DHCP and are getting appropriate addresses (192.168.0.10-30 and default gateway 192.168.0.1).

I've tried various forms on wireless bridge (WEP, WPA, unsecured) all successfully bridged but no success in wired comps access to the internet.

Using MAC Cloning I am able to get one of the 2 wired computers to see the gateway and browse the internet but not the other. Surely this isn't expected behaviour - anyone any ideas how I can get both wired computers concurrent access to the internet?

achampion

• Level 1 Member
Re: Strange connectivity issues...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 03:52:00 AM »

I think have resolved it...

I am using DHCP reserved IPs (based on the MAC address) for the computers attached to the DAP-1522. And the computers were successfully being allocated the reserved IPs when connected to the DAP-1522 by the Draytek gateway. I could release and renew successfully.

However a side effect of reserving the IP address in the Draytek meant that an ARP registration was added for the IP address against that computer's MAC address. However, now they are behind the DAP-1522 I needed to manually delete these ARP entries and add ARP entries for the computers IP addresses against the DAP-1522 MAC address.

I no longer need to use MAC cloning and both computers are able to access the gateway and internet.

-Alun.