• April 26, 2024, 03:19:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 1 MB/s write speed [SOLVED]  (Read 2682 times)

screech

• Level 1 Member
1 MB/s write speed [SOLVED]
« on: March 09, 2012, 12:23:50 PM »

Hi all,

Another problem. My write speed is capped at 1 MB/s when using terracopy on W7 x64. I read in the 2.02 firmware patch notes a fix for "Support WD My Book Essential 2TB USB 2.0.".

Now the HDD I have in my d-link 320 is this drive which I ripped out of the WD external casing (WD20EARS). I have upgraded the firmware to 2.02 but no difference. Could this be the problem? 1 MB/s seems to be USB1.0 speeds to me.

I don't mind 12 MB/s speeds, but 1 MB /s is unbearable  :(
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:21:16 PM by screech »

screech

• Level 1 Member
Re: 1 MB/s write speed [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:20:50 PM »

Sorry guys, False alarm.  :-[

My router is an old 54 g router (I thought it was newer). From this I expected ~6MB/s. However its seems since it has only one antenna this is the reason I'm getting 1MB/s (sometimes 2MB/s now I twiddled some settings)

When working with one router (and this router has only one radio), then the two computers will have to share the bandwidth between each other.

For example, you have 6 MB/s bandwidth. Computer A is using half and computer B is using the other half or can drop to 3 or 2 MB/s.
In this case I guess computer B is the NAS.

When I connect with an ethernet cable I get a constant 11MB/s