• April 25, 2024, 09:35:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need Help with Configuring a DCS-2210  (Read 5127 times)

catscratch

• Level 1 Member
Need Help with Configuring a DCS-2210
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »

Hi guys,
I feel dumb coming on here to ask for help for something that I thought would be so simple, but I just cant figure out how to make this do what I want.

I used to use a 930L, and I had it configured to sit idle until it detected motion. Upon motion detection, it simply started uploading snapshots at a rate of (I think) 7fps to an FTP server located on the local network.

Now, I've simply replaced the 930L with a DCS-2210, and the camera is hardwired now instead of wireless.  I want to replicate the exact same behavior.  I bought the camera hoping this would be a super easy plug and play swap.

I want the DCS-2210 to simply wait to detect motion, then when it does, upload the 1920x1080 frames at 15fps to my local FTP server, then when motion stops, the upload stops.  I'm perfectly happy with the camera spitting out individual JPG frames rather than a movie file, but I suppose either would work.

Sometimes there is motion in the scene for, say, up to 2 minutes, which is why I loved the way I had the 930L set up.

Can anyone guide me through setting up the camera in the menus to do this?  My 2210 has firmware 1.00.00, FYI, not sure if that matters.   Again, with the old 930L this was all easily doable through the http interface.  Now, I'm not sure.

catscratch

• Level 1 Member
Re: Need Help with Configuring a DCS-2210
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »

Alright, I figured it out. It actually was as easy as it should have been.   First, I upgraded my camera's firmware to 1.00.02 from the russian beta firmware site. Just Google DSC-2210 Firmware and it's the first result.

Second, I ran the motion detection wizard. On the very first screen of the wizard where you see the live preview, you can click and drag the area you want to be searched for motion detection.  Unfortunately, in the web browser I was using (Chrome), the click-and-drag was nonfunctional, and because it was nonfunctional I didn't even know it existed...  So my camera was looking at 0 pixels for motion detection and therefore never detecting motion.

In another thread someone had mentioned using a different browser to get settings to save properly, so I loaded up IE9 web browser and ran through the motion detection wizard. I was able to click and drag the motion detection area, and added the settings for my local FTP server.  Bam! Success.

The only issue that I seem to be having now is that it looks like the camera is only sending about 2 snapshots per second to my FTP server.  This isn't game-breaking, but I had hoped that the camera would be able to output at the rated 15 frames per second that the RTSP stream comes out at.

Any thoughts on why it's outputting JPG snapshots at a low rate?  The camera is hardwired to a gigabit ethernet switch to the FTP server (a very beefy/speedy computer), so it's not the network or the computer.

Thanks!