• April 26, 2024, 11:49:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Access USB drive  (Read 5809 times)

melbri

• Level 2 Member
Access USB drive
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »

I cannot access my USB drive.  It shows under "USB Devices" but cannot see it anywhere else.  It is formatted to exFAT.  Also could not see it when it was NTFS from manufacturer.

melbri

• Level 2 Member
Re: Access USB drive
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:07:04 AM »

Has no one connected a USB hard drive to their 345?  Any one try this with a 325?

I'm not sure if I need to have a specific format or if there is something else I need to do.

melbri

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »

No one has connected a USB drive to their 345?  Or no one has had issues?  If the latter is your case, what format is your HDD and where do you actually see the HDD and access it files?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 09:58:58 AM »

You may have a better response re-posting your question in the DNS-325 board, which is more heavily trafficked than the DNS-345 board.

I personally haven't tried using a USB device in the manner you are looking for. As a test, I mounted a thumb drive in the rear USB port and the DNS-345 recognizes the device, but I'm not sure how (or if it's even possible) to publish the volume to make it visible as a network map. In the web UI under Management > USB Devices > USB Storage Information I can see information about the USB drive, but do not know where/how to directly access the content other than using the USB Backup option to copy the contents locally to the DNS-345.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:04:08 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 02:57:51 AM »

Melbri, as far as I know the USB connection on the DNS-345 has not been enabled to allow external USB drives to be seen on the network.  For that to happen there would need to be a change made in the firmware.

lewin

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 07:22:33 AM »

I have a 2TB Lacie external HD attached. I don't remember if I had to enable it somehow but I when I visit System Management -> USB Devices it's viewable under USB storage information and it appears on my network as USBDisk1_1 as a separate volume.

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 04:21:58 PM »

Lewin, now all you have to do is remember what you did and let us know ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 05:02:20 AM »

I have a 2TB Lacie external HD attached. I don't remember if I had to enable it somehow but I when I visit System Management -> USB Devices it's viewable under USB storage information and it appears on my network as USBDisk1_1 as a separate volume.

I did not think this was possible.  ???  :-\  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC