• April 23, 2024, 08:12:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 1.20 Firmware Re-Released but still has trouble connecting to hidden SSID  (Read 5685 times)

CBR954RR

• Level 1 Member

Has anyone else tried the newly released 1.20 firmware that was put up today.  It was supposed to fix the issue with connecting to routers/access points with hidden SSID.  It is still a hit or miss for me.  If I allow the SSID to be shown, the unit will connect.  If I then hide the SSID, it may stay connected or it may disconnect.  It still does not want to connect to the router/access point unless the SSID is not hidden.

Anyone else tried it and having better luck?

- Dan

summerstormpictures

• Level 2 Member

Link to the firmware?

anon

• Level 3 Member

One question I have is what happen to the 1.20 that was released earlier this year that had a ton more features?

oh...say these features

1. Support Multi-language package: German, French, Spanish, and Italian.
2. Support WLAN scheduler.
3. Support DHCP server for both WLAN and LAN.
4. Support QoS on Bridge mode.
5. Add green Ethernet function.

my mistake, they just didn't list them but have them in the f/w. odd still to not have them listed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:13:18 PM by anon »

CBR954RR

• Level 1 Member

Link to the firmware?

summerstormpictures,

You can find the upgrade here: http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DAP%2D1522

- Dan

CBR954RR

• Level 1 Member

One question I have is what happen to the 1.20 that was released earlier this year that had a ton more features?

oh...say these features

1. Support Multi-language package: German, French, Spanish, and Italian.
2. Support WLAN scheduler.
3. Support DHCP server for both WLAN and LAN.
4. Support QoS on Bridge mode.
5. Add green Ethernet function.

I haven't really looked through the new features but I did see something about the Multi-language package.  I don't know where you would get the languages to upload to the 1522 however.

I think I did see the WLAN scheduler in there as well as support for the QoS in Bridge mode.  Not sure about the DHCP on both the WLAN and LAN though.

I was merely trying to get this thing to work with my hidden SSID.  Oh well, maybe in the next update.

- Dan

rdodolak

• Level 1 Member

It would be nice to finally receive an explanation from dlink as to why there are vast differences between these two 1.20 firmware versions (secrecy isn't your friend ;)) and what was suppose to be wrong with the original firmware.  The original 1.20 firmware included language pack .bin files (IT,FR,SP,GE) which Version 2 of the 1.20 firmware doesn't include this go round.