• March 28, 2024, 04:29:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Speed Limitations with dir-890l  (Read 4916 times)

tsulak

• Level 1 Member
Speed Limitations with dir-890l
« on: August 27, 2017, 04:59:42 PM »

I have a DIR-890l, version A1, firmware 111b02_20170519_beta01.  My internet is Spectrum 60 Mbps but I can't get speeds any faster than 19.1 Mbps.  Doesn't matter if I am connected with a hard ethernet connection or a wireless connection, my speeds are capped at 19.1 Mbps.  I run the band width detect in the QoS Engine section it detects my upload is 6 Mbps and my download is 60 Mbps.  Am I missing something or could I have something set incorrectly in the router setup?

I had a Spectrum tech here and he replaced my modem, reprogrammed my modem, verified my account settings are correct, and replaced my ethernet cable with no changes to my speed using speedtest.net.  He disconnected my 890l and plugged in his own Netgear router and the connection tested at 48 Mbps via speedtest.net.  We plugged my 890l back in and it maxed out at 19.1 Mbps.  I have 29 devices connected to my router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Speed Limitations with dir-890l
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:01:15 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?

What a factory reset performed after applying the FW then set up from scratch?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
  • What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have? Link> Speed Testing Sites

Router and Wired Configurations
Some things to try: - Log into the routers web page at 192.168.0.1. Use IE, Opera or FF to manage the router. Be sure to log into the Admin account on the router.

• Turn off ALL QoS
. Try manually inputting ISP speed values and test.

• Enable or Disable Use Unicasting (compatibility for some ISP DHCP Servers) and test under Setup/Internet/Manual. Disable may help with speed performance on higher speed ISP services.
  • Turn off DNS Relay under Setup/Networking. Link>Finding Faster DNS Addresses using Name Bench and input new DNS addresses under Setup/Internet/Manual.
  • Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. Setup/Networking. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting and maintain consistency for applications that need to connect as well as mapped drives.
  • If IPv6 is an option on the router, select Local Connection Only under Setup/IPv6.
  • Set Enable or Disable SPI to test.
  • Enable uPnP and Multi-cast Streaming under Advanced/Networking. Disable uPnP for testing Port Forwarding rules. Enable IPv6 Multi-cast Streaming for routers that have a Media Server option. Disable IPv6 Multi-cast Streaming if IPv6 or Media Server is not being used.
  • WAN Port Speed set to Auto or specific speed? Some newer ISP modems support 1000Mb so manually setting to Gb speeds can be supported by the router. Advanced/Advanced Networking/WAN Port Speed
>WAN and LAN Connection Rates and ISP Speeds FAQ

What browser are you using while speed testing?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.