• March 28, 2024, 12:45:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-ViewCam Mobile port #?  (Read 11404 times)

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
D-ViewCam Mobile port #?
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »

Have my DCS-2132L up and happy on wi-fi. Can see it from my computer via browser and vlc.

I'm now trying the Android D-ViewCam Mobile app and it's not connecting.

I know the ip and password to be correct, so I'm guessing 5050 is the wrong port number.

Can anyone confirm / correct the port number to be used?

Thanks.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: D-ViewCam Mobile port #?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 04:37:03 PM »

It's probably the port in Network Setup for UPnP port forwarding settings.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 07:23:50 PM »

It's probably the port in Network Setup for UPnP port forwarding settings.

You checked before posting?

No such beastie.

'Enable UPnP Presentation' is checked. No ports listed anywhere near. Note this is not port forwarding, this is on the local network only. 'Enable UPnP port forwarding' is unchecked, of course, since that would tell the local router to redirect the given incoming port to itself, if I had a (D-Link) router that understood such, and I were interested in that - which I'm not.

Or ... which port are you referring to?

http port, https port, rtsp port, one of the multicast ports?
(Surely not?)

In any case, I would have thought the Android D-ViewCam Mobile app would be defaulting to an appropriate port. However, it's default of port 5150 bears no resemblance to anything I have encountered before. (Knowing nothing of ip cams / streaming / {stuff}, to date.)

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 07:38:33 PM »

{sigh}

My bad, I suspect ...

From the D-ViewCam Mobile description on the play store, I expected this app would read direct from the camera stream, preferably the multicast. (Which, although turned on, doesn't appear to be multicasting squat.)

Some further googling with better search terms seems to reveal that NNNNOOOOO it has to read from a pc, not from the cam itself. (How pointless.)

Confirm, please?

So, apologies, I'll bet there IS a port in the dcam software setting ...

So ... never mind ... and thank you.

In this application there will be no computer around at the time ... plug it in, record to sd card, unplug. So, looks like this android app isn't going to do what I need, I misunderstood the software, and so my original question makes / made no sense.

Apologies.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:37:03 PM »

{sigh}

My bad, I suspect ...

From the D-ViewCam Mobile description on the play store, I expected this app would read direct from the camera stream, preferably the multicast. (Which, although turned on, doesn't appear to be multicasting squat.)

Some further googling with better search terms seems to reveal that NNNNOOOOO it has to read from a pc, not from the cam itself. (How pointless.)

Confirm, please?

So, apologies, I'll bet there IS a port in the dcam software setting ...

So ... never mind ... and thank you.

In this application there will be no computer around at the time ... plug it in, record to sd card, unplug. So, looks like this android app isn't going to do what I need, I misunderstood the software, and so my original question makes / made no sense.

Apologies.

I haven't tried that. You're the expert with that application now. I'm happy with mydlink lite app on android.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 10:50:56 PM »

Just checking here ...

So you are using the Android app from outside your home, successfully.

You have a D-Link router? (i.e. when you enabled port forwarding, the cam is asking the local router to open up a port for it, and each understands the other to do so successfully.)

If you are at home at the time, and you put in the internal (home) ip address of the cam, does it all still work? (i.e. not just outside the home, but inside too)?

Thanks for any insights you have on this.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 09:46:23 AM »

Just checking here ...

So you are using the Android app from outside your home, successfully.

You have a D-Link router? (i.e. when you enabled port forwarding, the cam is asking the local router to open up a port for it, and each understands the other to do so successfully.)

If you are at home at the time, and you put in the internal (home) ip address of the cam, does it all still work? (i.e. not just outside the home, but inside too)?

Thanks for any insights you have on this.

Yes, "mydlink lite" works outside on my phone 3g network.
I have an ASUS router.  Yes, it understood to open the port up. But if I lost internet connection or power, it wouldn't reopen.  I have manually assigned IP's to each camera,and opened up each cameras port # manually, so I don't have to into the camera and "Test" to reopen things up.

I can use both 192.168.1.xxx inside at home, and my outside's IP address.

I haven't played around much with https yet.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 11:18:26 AM »

Yes, "mydlink lite" works outside on my phone 3g network.
I have an ASUS router.  Yes, it understood to open the port up. But if I lost internet connection or power, it wouldn't reopen.  I have manually assigned IP's to each camera,and opened up each cameras port # manually, so I don't have to into the camera and "Test" to reopen things up.

THANKS! That's a really good observation / heads up to know! (Clicking test needed to tell the router to open the port up.) And avoid the nonsense by setting static ip's / manually opening up the port.

I can use both 192.168.1.xxx inside at home, and my outside's IP address.

I wonder what I must be doing wrong then. I've checked both boxes, assigned the port. Using my home wi-fi, so phone on internal address, to the cam, also on internal address, to the specified port, gets no connection.

Should this work from a normal PC to the same port? Either by browser (http://{address}:{port}) or vlc (rtps://{address}:{port})? If so, I could then narrow down the problem, perhaps.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 12:04:25 PM »

Should this work from a normal PC to the same port? Either by browser (http://{address}:{port}) or vlc (rtps://{address}:{port})? If so, I could then narrow down the problem, perhaps.

What are you trying to see?

http://ip:port/image/jpeg.cgi

inside, I am able to not need the port,since I think 80 is the default:

http://insideIP/video/mjpg.cgi?profileid=1

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 01:25:16 PM »

What are you trying to see?

Whatever the D-ViewCam Mobile app is able to show me.

http://ip:port/image/jpeg.cgi

inside, I am able to not need the port,since I think 80 is the default:

http://insideIP/video/mjpg.cgi?profileid=1

Those are browser URLs, not ip address / port number combinations for the D-ViewCam Mobile app settings.

I'll try saying it this way:

From a prior post, you seem to be saying ...

From outside your home, you are successfully using D-ViewCam Mobile android app, using your public ip address and port listed under 'Enable UPnP port forwarding' / 'Forwarding Port'.

You then seem to be saying, when at home, using home wi-fi on your phone instead of data, changing the address used in the android app to the internal address of your ip cam, the app continues to work as expected. Using the same port as before / without changing the port, only changing the ip address.

Can you confirm that I am reading your message accurately?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »

Whatever the D-ViewCam Mobile app is able to show me.

Those are browser URLs, not ip address / port number combinations for the D-ViewCam Mobile app settings.

I'll try saying it this way:

From a prior post, you seem to be saying ...

From outside your home, you are successfully using D-ViewCam Mobile android app, using your public ip address and port listed under 'Enable UPnP port forwarding' / 'Forwarding Port'.

You then seem to be saying, when at home, using home wi-fi on your phone instead of data, changing the address used in the android app to the internal address of your ip cam, the app continues to work as expected. Using the same port as before / without changing the port, only changing the ip address.

Can you confirm that I am reading your message accurately?

I am registered on mydlink.com, and the mydlink lite app in the android store works via my email address that I registered with.  I think they have back door into the camera, as port forwarding isn't needed for this from what I remember.

I have not tried the new application, D-ViewCam Mobile.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »

Thanks, I had not picked up 'til now that you were reporting success using the mydlink lite app when I was asking about the d-viewcam mobile app. (Which would, of course, work everywhere - since, at home, your phone is going out to the web to fetch back the stream that your cam is simultaneously also sending out to the web, consuming, at least, double the bandwidth. The point of the d-viewcam mobile app is to not go out to the web, or outside the home network, at all. Direct read by phone from cam, no internet required.)

Back to the original question in the OP, then. Anyone?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 04:58:42 PM »

Thanks, I had not picked up 'til now that you were reporting success using the mydlink lite app when I was asking about the d-viewcam mobile app. (Which would, of course, work everywhere - since, at home, your phone is going out to the web to fetch back the stream that your cam is simultaneously also sending out to the web, consuming, at least, double the bandwidth. The point of the d-viewcam mobile app is to not go out to the web, or outside the home network, at all. Direct read by phone from cam, no internet required.)

That's what I was getting at... it would be your outside web ip address:port #...  but it sounds more complicated.

I might download it and see what's going on with it.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 05:10:52 PM »

I could not get it to work external ips or internal with ports.

Where are the instructions for this? lol

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 05:24:17 PM »

I could not get it to work external ips or internal with ports.

Where are the instructions for this? lol

I'm using my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 with android 3.2 or something.  I haven't gone to 4.xx

That might be the problem?

Here's a link about posting your experience:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=51575.0