• April 22, 2024, 10:30:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Router wont allow access to internet and OLED screen doesnt work. (1.12)  (Read 6369 times)

neoak

• Level 1 Member

Hi,

I upgraded from 1.02 to 1.12 when i saw that a new firmware was available. However, when i upgraded, the OLED screen stopped working. Now it only shows a scrolling line or the whole screen lights up. As for the internet, since the update i haven't been able to open a webpage while using it.

I tried reinstalling the firmware again and using the default settins. It also gave me a wireless init error and when i tried changing settings that 1.02 asked to reboot for, it wouldnt ask and it just plainly ignored the settings.

I'm now connected directly to the modem, but its not cool having a expensive paperweight. However, if there is a way to make it work again, i'm all ears.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
Re: Router wont allow access to internet and OLED screen doesnt work. (1.12)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 01:38:25 PM »

Did you try the reset button on the router?

neoak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 04:51:17 PM »

3 times :-[

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »

Is it still under warranty?  If so then call d-link and explain to them what happened.

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 06:53:03 PM »

Hi,

I upgraded from 1.02 to 1.12 when i saw that a new firmware was available. However, when i upgraded, the OLED screen stopped working. Now it only shows a scrolling line or the whole screen lights up. As for the internet, since the update i haven't been able to open a webpage while using it.

I tried reinstalling the firmware again and using the default settins. It also gave me a wireless init error and when i tried changing settings that 1.02 asked to reboot for, it wouldnt ask and it just plainly ignored the settings.

I'm now connected directly to the modem, but its not cool having a expensive paperweight. However, if there is a way to make it work again, i'm all ears.

I think I may have seen a response to a similar radio init error and the 4500 had to be RMAed.  Try PMing Lycan about it.

neoak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:46:38 PM »

I sent a RMA request using the support page. Now to wait.

arod

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 07:55:36 PM »

I sent a RMA request using the support page. Now to wait.

RMA's aren't approved via email. You will need to Call Tech Support at 1-877-453-5465 and have a live technician confirm the unit is defective.

neoak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »

RMA's aren't approved via email. You will need to Call Tech Support at 1-877-453-5465 and have a live technician confirm the unit is defective.

Thats what the email said. I'll try to call this week.Thanks for the info :)

neoak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 11:20:25 PM »

A quick update:

The guys at tech support that have answered my emails must be complete .... I am in Puerto Rico. I call the 877 number. I can't reach it. I get "The number you have dialed cannot be reached from the area you are calling" and that is using an AT&T cellphone. Side note: I activated that Puerto Rico number while i was in Texas. Same cell company as the one in the US.

So, i can't call. And don't say this is not US because this island IS a US territory. I'm fed up with the same robotic response to call the 877 when i have clearly stated in the emails several times that i can't reach that number and also asked for a different number to call.

I'm very frustrated. I've never had this problem with any other US company....  >:(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:26:25 PM by neoak »