• March 29, 2024, 04:57:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5020 & DNS-320L, Who Has It recording Pic's Or Video's  (Read 11252 times)

Chadbk1977

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5020 & DNS-320L, Who Has It recording Pic's Or Video's
« on: October 14, 2013, 06:13:12 AM »

Hi.
Using the above stated cam and NAS, is there anyone here who has this setup working to record pictures or videos based on motion detection, if so, could you please tell us what settings you used and where so we can get ours up and running too, a newby to NAS and cloud cams so use dumb guy talk and spell it out for us, and yes the cam and NAS are up and running. Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5020 & DNS-320L, Who Has It recording Pic's Or Video's
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:28:13 AM »

I'll presume you're using the DNS-320L mentioned in other threads...

You first need to enable the FTP server on your DNS-320L and setup an FTP user account with access to the directory the DCS-5020L will be writing to. For demonstration purposes, lets say you created the following user account and folder in your DNS-320L:

• Folder:  FTP_Folder1
  • UserName: FTP_User1
  • Password: FTP_Password
  • Access:  Provide FTP_User1 with Read/Write access to FTP_Folder1
  • DNS-320L IP Address:  192.168.0.2

DCS-5020L Settings:

• Host Name: 192.168.0.2
  • User Name: FTP_User1
  • Password: FTP_Password
  • Path: /
  • Passive Mode: No

So long as the FTP user account has access to only one root directory, there is no need to specify a path.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:36:39 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Chadbk1977

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 07:23:52 AM »

I had to change the host name and specify a path and that got it working. Thanks, I didn't even realize I had to set up a seperate account for each cam, but I'll set them up one by one now and see how it goes. Thanks for explaining it clearly, it helped alot.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 07:40:00 AM »

Glad I was able to help. When I have time, I should post instructions in the Network Camera FAQ.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 10:03:21 AM »

I created an FAQ entry on the Network Camera FAQ board: DCS Network Cameras - Using FTP between D-Link Camera and ShareCenter

Please post comments here if you have any improvements, corrections, or oversights that I may have made.

Thanks!  ;)

Chadbk1977

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 11:35:48 AM »

Latest problem, Java doesn't work, so logging into mydink shows the video, but when you go into advanced settings to try and set up all the cams to record to the DNS-320L, no video, keeps saying I need to install java, so I tried the newest version, then multiple older versions. It never ends with this D-Link stuff, again I can't set up my camera's, so now I can't configure them properly for mobile viewing, I give up on this JUNK, when it does work, it records corrupted files, then all of a sudden it doesnt work with java , I screwed around for months getting it to record corrupted files, now this...AGAIN, I'm not even gonna bother asking for help again, I'm selling all my D-Link GARBAGE and getting another Dropcam, 3 minutes, set up & working properly 99% of the time, DONE. Goodbye no support and non working everything D-Link, hello Dropcam (you make a spectacular cam thats simple to use, quick to setup, and it just works). **********************************
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:08:38 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 05:07:30 AM »

Updating to the most recent version of Java may cause the Live View for some D-Link network camera models to not work properly when viewed from a web browser. This latest update may impact other browser-based network camera functions as well. The procedure described in the link below be used to adjust the Java security exceptions in Windows after updating to the latest Java version to restore access.

Network Cameras - Lost "Live View" After Installing Java Version 7 Update 51