• March 28, 2024, 01:58:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How to use FTP over SSL/TLS  (Read 53606 times)

lucanaut

• Level 1 Member
Re: How to use FTP over SSL/TLS
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2009, 02:39:13 PM »

That's all great, but right now the 323 doesn't even seem to offer the feature it advertises in the latest firmware (FTP over SSL/TLS).  I sent an email to D-Link support and they sent me the usual "how to set up an FTP server" set of directions.  i.e. useless.

hvl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2009, 04:37:25 PM »

By default port 443 is for the https, if you enable forward that port in your router, it will by default go to the web page to configure your NAS. So I wouldn't recommend forwarding that port as suggested by someone in this thread.

What do you need to do to enable Explicit TLS
Forward port 21 in your router, that's obvious.
What is not obvious is that you need to forward also data port. The problem it is a range, and it looks to be a big range. I haven't figureout the range yet, it would be nice if in the next release of the firmware this could be configure.

I don't know if Implicit SSL/TLS work, I don't have access to the router now, but the default are Port 990/TCP for the FTPS control channel and 989/TCP for the FTPS data channel.

Hope this help to figure out what happening.

bribri007

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2009, 08:00:51 AM »

I'm quite late to the party but I just spent the last two hours reading about this and was successfully able to replicate the problem. 

So now that it has been a few months has everyone given up on this?  Are we just waiting for 1.08 to come out?  Has anyone managed a fix yet?  I think it's very sad that I just spent several hours upgrading the firmware exclusively for TLS support to find out that it doesn't even work. 

If anyone is monitoring this thread still and has found a solution that doesn't require mod'ing the firmware with funplug please write about it. 

thanks

jrak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2010, 10:00:22 PM »

Last year, I've tried repeatedly to use FTP over SSL/TLS without success.  This evening, I updated FileZilla and tried again with the results listed below.  Have I met with success?

Resolving address of XXXXX.dlinkddns.com
Status:   Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response:   220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
Response:   220-You are user number 1 of 10 allowed.
Response:   220-Local time is now 00:52. Server port: 21.
Response:   220 You will be disconnected after 2 minutes of inactivity.
Command:   USER AAAA
Response:   331 User AAAA is OK. Password required
Command:   PASS **************
Response:   230 OK. Current restricted directory is /
Command:   SYST
Response:   215 UNIX Type: L8
Command:   FEAT
Response:   211-Extensions supported:
Response:    EPRT
Response:    IDLE
Response:    MDTM
Response:    SIZE
Response:    REST STREAM
Response:    MLST type*;size*;sizd*;modify*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.uid*;UNIX.gid*;unique*;
Response:    MLSD
Response:    ESTP
Response:    PASV
Response:    EPSV
Response:    SPSV
Response:    ESTA
Response:    AUTH TLS
Response:    PBSZ
Response:    PROT
Response:   211 End.
Command:   PWD
Response:   257 "/" is your current location
Command:   TYPE I
Response:   200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command:   PASV
Response:   227 Entering Passive Mode (207,237,65,195,118,137)
Command:   MLSD
Response:   150 Accepted data connection
Response:   226-ASCII
Response:   226-Options: -l
Response:   226 1 matches total

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2010, 07:45:04 AM »

Transfer a file, then you'll know.  I could not get FTP over SSL/TLS working remotely, it works fine on my local network.  I finally gave up, don't know what the issue was.  I was getting connected remotely, but I couldn't get a directory listing, and of course that's where I was dead.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

jrak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »

I was able to transfer a file within my network.  When I connected to a router outside my network (using a wireless card on a laptop), I was able to download a file as well.  I've made no changes to my router's setup (DLink 655) or the DNS-323.  The only change has been the update to Filezilla.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2010, 11:38:48 AM »

It might be my Actiontec MI424WR that is causing me the issue, I can't say.  In any case, I never did get external secure FTP working. :)
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

consumeraficionado

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2011, 04:10:39 PM »

By default port 443 is for the https, if you enable forward that port in your router, it will by default go to the web page to configure your NAS. So I wouldn't recommend forwarding that port as suggested by someone in this thread.

What do you need to do to enable Explicit TLS
Forward port 21 in your router, that's obvious.
What is not obvious is that you need to forward also data port. The problem it is a range, and it looks to be a big range. I haven't figureout the range yet, it would be nice if in the next release of the firmware this could be configure.

I don't know if Implicit SSL/TLS work, I don't have access to the router now, but the default are Port 990/TCP for the FTPS control channel and 989/TCP for the FTPS data channel.

Hope this help to figure out what happening.
I am also coming late to this party, but I have tried the Explicit setting  on FileZilla and am met with Directory listing unsuccessful (firmware 1.08).  Is there anything special that I need to do to get this working?

I was unable to get connectivity using Implicit setting, do I need top forward port 989/990?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]