• April 09, 2024, 11:39:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: VPN tunnel named transport showing up when i did not create it!  (Read 5246 times)

chinniwhites

• Level 1 Member
VPN tunnel named transport showing up when i did not create it!
« on: October 23, 2008, 07:18:30 AM »

I have two dir-130s that have vpn tunnel between them.  This vpn tunnel is named Tunnel and it is the only tunnel i have configured.  The tunnel is between networks 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0.  There is one server on each network that utilizes the vpn connection to sync information back and forth 24/7.  The tunnel works great for a few hours and then the comm goes down between the servers.  Weird thing is the comm issues only happens between the two servers.  Each server can ping anything on either network just not each other.  I logged into the router and seen that 2 vpn tunnels showed up under the status tab.  One tunnel was the only one i created (named tunnel) and the other one is named transport which i did not create.  The transport tunnel has the servers ip addresses listed for the endpoints of the tunnel (192.168.1.100 - 192.168.2.100).  So my question where is this transport tunnel coming from, how/why is it being created, and how can i stop it?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: VPN tunnel named transport showing up when i did not create it!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 09:04:43 AM »

I don't know where this transport tunnel is coming from.

What kind of a VPN are you creating?
Did you change your user name and password on the firewall from default?
If you change one of the server's IPs does the tunnel change?
What type and settings are on the tunnel you did not create?
Can you change the tunnel you did not create?
non progredi est regredi

chinniwhites

• Level 1 Member
Re: VPN tunnel named transport showing up when i did not create it!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 10:01:30 AM »

What kind of a VPN are you creating?
IPSec

Did you change your user name and password on the firewall from default?
If firewall you mean the dir-130, yes i did change the default admin password.

If you change one of the server's IPs does the tunnel change?
These servers are constantly monitoring important processes and changing the ip addresses is really not an option.  Rebooting the router on which the transport tunnel is shown gets rid of the tunnel for a period of time.

What type and settings are on the tunnel you did not create?
Cant see the settings because it is not listed as a configured tunnel, only the one i made is!

Can you change the tunnel you did not create?
Nope!

I got print screens that shows the tunnel i created and the mystery "transport" tunnel under the status->vpn page of the router and how i only have one configured tunnel under settings->vpn page.