• April 18, 2024, 04:31:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: motion detection sensitivity?  (Read 6680 times)

oranges

• Level 2 Member
motion detection sensitivity?
« on: October 07, 2013, 05:30:32 PM »

The help section states the following:

Sensitivity: Sets the sensitivity for motion detection. The text field indicate the level of sensitivity for motion detection. As motion is detected the level will rise depending on the frequency of the movement.

Does this mean that the higher you set the sensitivity % the more motion is required? That is how it sounds.  Sounds like the lower you set this, the less that motion is required to trigger the event. Or, am i totally reading this wrong?
DIR-655 Router
Buffallo Linkstation Live 1TB
DCS-932L
DCS-2132L

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: motion detection sensitivity?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:00:14 PM »

Sensitivity: Sets the sensitivity for motion detection. The text field indicate the level of sensitivity for motion detection. As motion is detected the level will rise depending on the frequency of the movement.

Does this mean that the higher you set the sensitivity % the more motion is required? That is how it sounds.  Sounds like the lower you set this, the less that motion is required to trigger the event. Or, am i totally reading this wrong?

I was confused too by the wording, especially with a couple different camera models.

But the higher you set, the easier it to set off.

There's a post around here that's pretty good.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=48186.0

oranges

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 08:40:11 AM »

Thanks
DIR-655 Router
Buffallo Linkstation Live 1TB
DCS-932L
DCS-2132L