• April 26, 2024, 02:32:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Log Messages and Motion Detection  (Read 5774 times)

oranges

• Level 2 Member
Log Messages and Motion Detection
« on: April 25, 2013, 09:49:28 AM »

HI,

When i have motion detection active, I am getting 1000's of log messages sent to my email address or FTP server, whichever i have active ATM. Is there anyway to stop the log messages and just get the images?

Thanks
DIR-655 Router
Buffallo Linkstation Live 1TB
DCS-932L
DCS-2132L

gtomig

• Level 1 Member
Re: Log Messages and Motion Detection
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:14:44 AM »

Same problem - very annoying - I have no log event set - only video and snapshot. So why is it sending the logs?

oranges

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 07:32:30 AM »

Yes, this is very annoying. I cannot use the email function in motion detection because it sends soooo many emails with the log attachments gmail or any other email provider i use ends up blocking my mail due to too many emails in a set amount of time.

The camera literally sends thousands of emails per day with nothing but a log attachment.
DIR-655 Router
DCS-932L
DCS-2132L

oranges

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 07:51:31 AM »

This is soooo annoying. Has anyone found a way to stop these log messages? My camera sends so many emails with just a log file, that it literally affects my internet bandwidth. The camera will send up to 3 emails a second with nothing except log stating motion was detected. The only way I've been able to use the email feature is use my own smtp server and block the log emails before they are sent to the finally recipients email address.

DIR-655 Router
DCS-932L
DCS-2132L

xenomorph78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 08:41:12 AM »

I'm guessing since May 2013 until now (Nov 12th) there hasn't been a solution to this? This problem makes the email option useless for me. No solution?

fousa

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »

Same problem here. We've been waiting so long...

TKorho

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 08:17:16 AM »

My plain user experience is that it happens because of sensor static.
Especially with higher gains the sensor is very poor, and causes so much fluctuation in the picture that Motion Detect considers this as an event.

Possible workarounds: lower the motion tracking sensitivity: Not percentage, but sensitivity. Second, lower gain to reduce static. Third use denoise and other picture parameters to make it less noisy. Fourth: use stronger lighting and/or exposure mode (connected to max gain).

Also if you set up your own Event, and click *off* the mydlink.com settings page email notification, it should skip the Log messages. I think the mydlink.com event is somehow different from the camera's setup page events. If you have only your own event, and not the mydlink.com email on, it will send what you want and not the logs.

Too bad the sensor is that noisy. Even in very good light it gives multiple times worse picture than for eg in mobile phones.