• March 28, 2024, 04:16:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Transmission question  (Read 3176 times)

spoony77

• Level 1 Member
Transmission question
« on: March 23, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »

Hi people
New 320L owner and new to NAS in general but enjoying it so far...
My question is Im trying to setup Transmission and remote access to it via Android.
I have installed version 1.00 of transmission that came shipped with the Sharecentre however there is no setting to allow remote access in this version that I can see, and therefore I can't get remote transmissions android app to see my shares.
I see there is a newer version of Transmission for the 320L but none of the download links seem to work?
So does anyone here have the latest version to share or a working link to it?
Kind regards

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
Re: Transmission question
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 07:21:38 PM »

I have installed version 1.00 of transmission that came shipped with the Sharecentre

I don't know where you got Transmission from AFAIK the 320L doesn't come with Transmission installed (see vtverdohleb comment below)

What firmware version is your 320L?
What is your country?  As DLink (for reasons only they understand) supply different firmware - you can check which version is available o you by signing in to your mydlink website account - clicking support - selecting Storage - scrolling to find the 320L

Advice
- Don't expect to much from your new 320L
- When installing addons - always best to reboot after each required addon
- vtverdohleb makes addons suitable for DLink.  Previously he was given financial support (I believe) but this was withdrawn End 2015 ( http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=64029.0 ) - to allow him to continue updating/adding new it is beneficial for everyone if they donate.  For me without vtverdohleb my 320L would have been returned a long time ago or thrown out the window.
vtverdohleb addon site (for me) is currently unavailable but here is the link http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/  I wonder if that's why you say
I see there is a newer version of Transmission for the 320L but none of the download links seem to work?

From vtverdohleb's update link for Transmission   http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=64682.0
Transmission v2.92
Transmission is a BitTorrent client which features a simple interface on top of a cross-platform back-end.
Transmission allows users to download files from the Internet and upload their own files or torrents. By grabbing items and adding them to the interface, users can create queues of files to be downloaded and uploaded. Within the file selection menus, users can customise their downloads down to components of individual files. Transmission also seeds—that is, it can re-upload downloaded content.

Attention! Addon paid
I believe but don't quote me that Transmission is free / paid for addon.

HTH

spoony77

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 12:22:44 AM »

Hi there, thanks for the reply.
Im from the UK and my firmware upgraded on first connection to mydlink to 1.07 i believe.
Yes I've read that the person who has been updating these addons vtverdohleb has stopped working on them and his download links aren't working, thats why I wondered if anyone else has the latest version to upload?
The version I have works ok I just cant access it outside the LAN....
Kind regards

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 03:32:44 AM »

His links are working (page loads now) - I think the site was down late last night

http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/

As I said in first reply - from what I understand Transmission is free (paid) you just need to register there (free to register)

Most other addons a donation is beneficial to help keep addons updated - if you read the other link from vtverdohleb http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=64029.0 it'll explain why - that said if you read the terms of use http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/terms_of_use.php it'll give more info

HTH

ps  Firmware 1.07 is your latest available -  some don't bother updating firmare because of restrictions/security flaws etc - it's always a good idea to give as much info when posting a question (including firmware version and browser etc)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:35:52 AM by philphil61 »

spoony77

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 04:07:19 AM »

Thats great thanks for the help.
Is there a proper method for updating add-ons?
Do I have to uninstall the old version or just install over the top of it?
Kind regards

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 02:59:32 PM »

Thats great thanks for the help.
Is there a proper method for updating add-ons?
Do I have to uninstall the old version or just install over the top of it?
Kind regards

Again don't quote me because since the new latest firmware I had noticed that one of my addons did flag up that an update was available - I can't remember whether I just downloaded the latest and installed the old way or clicked the "update" message.

Most only require you to install the new without the need to uninstall the old...that said, if my memory serves me well, I do remember seeing comments regarding an addon where the database or something went corrupt and it was advised to copy the databases or other to somewhere safe then update then put back the copied files.

All I will say is take your time and when installing new addons allow the NAS to reboot and complete installation or database updating (mainly for media addons) especially if you have thousands of media files

If you want real external access for media files look into Dynamic DNS with www.dlinkddns.com together with FTP - I can't help much with Transmission as I very rarely use torrents