The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-857

DIR-857 Temperature Data Collection

<< < (2/22) > >>

Syaoran:
The HDE gun at your link is the exact one I ordered. 

5GHz only streaming of Netflix to my notebook connected to my TV reads 46.7C.  This reading was taken mid streaming on the bottom of the unit while the movie is still streaming.  I took more than one reading to ensure it was consistant.  The temperature of the top of the unit is 37C. 

FurryNutz:
I ordered the same gun. Let us know how it works.

Wow, 116F, thats kind of high. Again not sure what the specs are and probably wont know. I didn't get a chance to measure the bottom, I will this weekend.

98F is not to far from what I was seeing at 94F while measuring the top of the router. Hmm.

Please post 2.4Ghz results if you can.

Thanks for the feedback.

Syaoran:
With both radios enabled but just streaming on the 2.4GHz channel.  Reading from the top gives me 39.1C during streaming.  The reading from the botton is 48.5C after just under 5 minutes of steaming.  I decided to isntall Steam on my notebook to hammer it a little better.  The top of the router while the 9GB download has been progressing for about 5 minutes is 41.1C.  The underside of the router was a consistant 49.3C in the middle of the bottom.  Holding the trigger in on the gun allows me to move it around to find the hottest spot while taking realtime readings.  Basically, the middle of the bottom slightly closer to the back was the hottest point and it stayed consistant over a 30 second reading all but the decimal which only fluctuated by .2C.

FurryNutz:
Awesome info.
Let us know what temps are if you can do data flow on both radios at the same time and If you can, can you do streaming to a wired device as well with both radios going and flowing?

120F is definitely hot. Wow. I presume this is the closest point between the bottom of the case the CPUs possibly.
102 is warm at the top.

I hope to provide details on mine Friday.

Thank you for the feedback.

Syaoran:
Just took readings on the top and bottom again.  When looking down at the router, about an inch down on an angle from the left botton of the D-Link logo yields 42C.  On the bottom, holding the trigger around the center but slightly closer to the front yielded 53.9C.  That is only using the 2.4GHz radio and a little web browsing on my wired desktop. 

To test it all at once, I'm going to stream Netflix on my Wii over 2.4GHz, Download another game over 5GHz to my notebook, and load up an MMO on my desktop.  Hopefully this doesn't kill the router. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version