• April 16, 2024, 12:17:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: folder access  (Read 1589 times)

shodan

• Level 1 Member
folder access
« on: December 30, 2015, 06:17:33 AM »

Hi All,

I've recently had to reset my dns-320 sharecenter due to some network issues I've had and there is one thing I'm still struggling with.  I don't know how to set passwords on subfolders.  Often, when visitors come at my home, I provide them my wifi code.  Ofcourse, I do not know if they also may try to access my sharecenter.  It don't hold that many secrets, but still I would like to restrict access to some folders with personal info.

If I login to the sharecenter, I only see the volume1, but I don't see the subfolders.  I have created to users (1 and 2) only, no groups, and there are some folders, which I would like to password protect so that only user2 can access them. 

I know that I've done that in the past, but it was easy then, as I saw the subfolders of volume1. 

Can anyone advise me on this?  (please be patience because I'm really not good in these kind of things)

Thanks