• April 24, 2024, 09:20:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New Dir 655 does not reconize internet (resolved)  (Read 4896 times)

Budmn8

• Level 1 Member
New Dir 655 does not reconize internet (resolved)
« on: November 27, 2010, 04:47:25 AM »

I  tried to replace  A older model of a Dir-655(hw a.3  firm 1.21)  with a Dir-655  (hw a.4 firm 1.32na)  well under no circumstances can I get new router to recognize Internet will new model.   I have tried everything.

I have tried several setups (auto and manual) and all seams fine.  But It never connect to a network. and my device status page under Info   always says it is trying to establish a network status

also I can never get any numbers to show up on same page in  Mac,Ip,Subnet,default,primary and secondary numbers  even when I enter all the info in setup and click save.

Tried resetting new router every-way possible .Tried loading old settings from A.3 but that will not work

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Bud

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:36:30 PM by Budmn8 »

kthaddock

• Level 3 Member
Re: New Dir 655 does not reconize internet
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 05:21:49 AM »

Using ADSL or LAN from ISP ? Use Dynamic IP and if you have other router used, use MAC from that router.
If ADSL=Rebot modem and then router. Use Dynamic IP
IF LAN= Relese/renew
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 05:24:39 AM by kthaddock »
ASUS RT-N16  FW: DD-WRT v24 17140-vpn M NEWD-2 K2.6 -kong.
DIR-655 H/W: A3 FW: 1.31EUB02 This FW is working !
Never argue with a burk. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
Di-624+ FW: 2.10

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 09:19:36 AM »

I  tried to replace  A older model of a Dir-655(hw a.3  firm 1.21)  with a Dir-655  (hw a.4 firm 1.32na)  well under no circumstances can I get new router to recognize Internet will new model.   I have tried everything.

I have tried several setups (auto and manual) and all seams fine.  But It never connect to a network. and my device status page under Info   always says it is trying to establish a network status

also I can never get any numbers to show up on same page in  Mac,Ip,Subnet,default,primary and secondary numbers  even when I enter all the info in setup and click save.

Tried resetting new router every-way possible .Tried loading old settings from A.3 but that will not work

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Bud

Hi Budmn8 or Bud,

Was your older version still working, before you decided to replace it?

My same model is still going strong.
It has been up for over 30 days and still counting.
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

Budmn8

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »

Using ADSL or LAN from ISP ? Use Dynamic IP and if you have other router used, use MAC from that router.
If ADSL=Rebot modem and then router. Use Dynamic IP
IF LAN= Relese/renew

That did the Trick  Thank You!  also was able to update to 1.34na with the same process.

Thanks Again!

Bud

Budmn8

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 05:35:10 PM »

Hi Budmn8 or Bud,

Was your older version still working, before you decided to replace it?

My same model is still going strong.
It has been up for over 30 days and still counting.

It was working BUT EVERY Saturday between 11 AM and 4 PM  My wireless would crash. and It was suggested to get to newest firmware possible

I also want to Create a wireless Bridge for a Canon IP Camera and wasn't going to spend the $ if I couldn't get thru crashing problem

I made it thru today without a crash so I am getting a little confidence.  First Saturday in 6 weeks

Bud

kthaddock

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 05:29:00 AM »

That did the Trick  Thank You!  also was able to update to 1.34na with the same process.

Thanks Again!

Bud

Your welcome  ::)
ASUS RT-N16  FW: DD-WRT v24 17140-vpn M NEWD-2 K2.6 -kong.
DIR-655 H/W: A3 FW: 1.31EUB02 This FW is working !
Never argue with a burk. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
Di-624+ FW: 2.10