• March 28, 2024, 11:21:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My Internet supplier changed my IP so I can no longer view my cameras remotely  (Read 3557 times)

wilcal

• Level 1 Member

I now have two DCS-2530L cameras here, both are working just fine. The first camera was up and running about 4-weeks ago and I was able to view, live, that camera using Android apps mydlink and mydlink lite. And I was able to do that both locally and remotely ( WiFi Hotspots ).

About 2-weeks ago my Internet supplier changed my IP from 71.38.xxx.xx to 71.38.xxx.xx. At that point I was able to use mydlink and mydlink lite locally but lost the ability to view the camera remotely ( WiFi Hotspots ).

My second DCS-2530L arrived last week and so I removed the first camera from mydlink and mydlink lite and re-installed from the ground up the original camera and the new one. Both cameras work on both Android apps, locally. In mydlink lite they both work in the local and remote mode.

Today I tried my Android mydlink apps on three different WiFi Hotspots without success.

I have plenty of Internet bandwidth and my workstation/server and can download and stream videos ( YouTube ) as well as upload and stream videos to my Android phone remotely from my server here in my home. And that through all three of the WiFi Hotspots I tried today.

I can only assume that for some reason home base mydlink ( servers? ) are still stuck on my old IP which is no longer valid. How can I change that?

Wrinkle: I do not do Windows. Nor am I a Mac person. All my platforms here are Linux and use the latest versions of Chromium ( 68.x ) and Firefox ( 65.x ). I can spin up a copy of Windows 7 in a VirtualBox Client and for some reason I cannot get to htttp://www.mydlink.com. It won't let me in.

#1 Is there anyway to get mydlink to talk to my new IP? If that is the problem.

#2 Any progress on getting mydlink to work on a modern, and secure, browser such as Chromium ( 68.x ) or Firefox ( 65.x ) And to be Operating System agnostic?

Thanks

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

Changing the WAN IP should not affect the mydlink servers to communicate with the cameras. Do the cameras have Internet connectivity?

Did any hardware change (modem)?

Resetting the cameras removes your account information from the camera so that should resolve any issues. The fact that you cannot connect remotely usually means 1 of 2 things:

1. Cameras are not connecting to the Internet
2. ISP is blocking the traffic.

Do you have UPnP enabled on your router? If not are you forwarding ports to the cameras? You normally do not have to open ports since the cameras initiate the traffic to the mydlink servers so your router will let traffic back in unless you set inbound/outbound filtering.

Did the DNS servers also change? How did you configure your router for DNS? DNS relay on or off? Static IPs on the cameras?

Reaching with this but are you using pi-hole or any DNS and/or ad blocking between the router and cameras?  on the router?

wilcal

• Level 1 Member

Thanks for the tips

> 1. Cameras are not connecting to the Internet

How would I know that? All the devices on the LAN can get to the WAN, and that in both directions.
It seems that the Status information, bottom of this post, tells me that the cameras are connected
to the LAN/WAN.

> 2. ISP is blocking the traffic.

Traffic on which port? Remember one of the cameras was infact reachable remotely just a few weeks ago.
Which port(s) do the D-Link cameras need to be open to the Internet?
I use port 8080 for my own WAN webserver here and I can get to that remotely anywhere.
There is no firewall across the LAN. The only firewall here is to the WAN and controlled by the Router.
Centurylink Actiontec C1900A

https://www.centurylink.com/home/help/internet/modems-and-routers/actiontec-c1900a.html

> Do you have UPnP enabled on your router?

I have multiple UPnP devices that can display and/or serve UPnP media ( video, audio and images ) on the LAN.
One is a Qnap NAS. All of my Linux workstations have:

http://minidlna.sourceforge.net/

installed. The Qnap NAS has 100's of movies and 1000's of audio files that can played by a UPnP client
( VLC media player ). One of which here is a Raspberry Pi running KODI. But all of that was in place and
working when the first camera was accessable remotely. VLC is installed on all the workstations and can
connect to the UPnP server on the Qnap NAS. I highly recommend the Qnap NAS's.

https://www.videolan.org/
is installed, and works just fine, on all the workstations.

In the Centurylink Router the UPnP state is enabled.
In the Centurylink Router the UPnP NAT-T state is enabled

> If not are you forwarding ports to the cameras? You normally do not have to open ports since the cameras initiate
> the traffic to the mydlink servers so your router will let traffic back in unless you set inbound/outbound
> filtering.

What are the port(s) that the D-Link cameras need to have open to them. I can certainly fix that.
But I can only assign one port to one IP device on the LAN.
But again, I didn't have to do that when the first camera worked.

> Did the DNS servers also change?

I can't tell you if my ISP ( Centurylink ) changed DNS servers, I kinda doubt it.
I switch my workstations over to Google DNS ( 8.8.8.8 : 8.8.4.4 ) anyway. Much better performance.
Do note that I can get into the webpages of both cameras and change all their settings.
And they are working just fine thank you.
If your paranoid about security I recommend the IBM Quad 9 DNS server. 9.9.9.9 ; 149.112.112.112

> How did you configure your router for DNS?

Dynamic DNS is disabled. DNS Host Mapping is set to 192.168.0.1

I didn't change anything there because I don't use Centurylink's DNS anyway.

> DNS relay on or off?

That I can't find in the Router

> Static IPs on the cameras?

When I connect a new device on the LAN I allow the router to choose an IP.
That pretty much stays with the device unless I force it to change.
But, once the router assigns an IP I then reserve that IP to that particular device.
The first camera was assigned 192.168.0.35, the second 192.168.0.42
Both are now reserved for their respective D-Link cameras. Power cycling the
camera will result in them getting the same assigned IP all over again.
The gateway is at 192.168.0.1

> Reaching with this but are you using pi-hole or any DNS and/or ad blocking
> between the router and cameras?  on the router?

No no, sounds like fun though.

Here's the status of the two cameras:

IP Camera Name   DCS-2530L-1
Time & Date    Wed Feb 27 21:9:48 2019
Firmware Version    1.04.01
Hardware Version   A
MAC Address    B0:C5:54:41:45:61
IP Address    192.168.0.35
IP Subnet Mask    255.255.255.0
Default Gateway    192.168.0.1
Primary DNS    192.168.0.1
Secondary DNS    205.171.2.26
PPPoE    Disable
DDNS    Disable
Agent Version   2.2.0-b18

IP Camera Name   DCS-2530L-2
Time & Date    Wed Feb 27 21:10:42 2019
Firmware Version    1.04.01
Hardware Version   A
MAC Address    B0:C5:54:41:15:06
IP Address    192.168.0.42
IP Subnet Mask    255.255.255.0
Default Gateway    192.168.0.1
Primary DNS    192.168.0.1
Secondary DNS    205.171.2.26
PPPoE    Disable
DDNS    Disable
Agent Version   2.2.0-b18

Camera networks set up:

DHCP enabled
PPPOE Disabled
HTTP Port 80
HTTPS Port 443
Anything else in here that would effect this?

Again thanks for the tips.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 09:51:27 PM by wilcal »

wilcal

• Level 1 Member

Camera -> Setup -> Network Setup -> LAN Settings

"Enable UPnP presentation" is enabled by default
"Enable UPnP port forwarding" is not

I set "Enable UPnP port forwarding" to Enabled and that allowed one of my cameras to be monitored remotely on a WiFi Hotspot.

I have set my other cameras "Enable UPnP port forwarding" to Enabled and will test it remotely shortly

wilcal

• Level 1 Member

No luck

Can see only the one camera.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Can you turn OFF the working camera then leave the just the other camera online, one at a time to see if it appears?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Afflospark

• Level 1 Member

Hello
As I understand you face an issue to connect your camera or don't see any movement in your camera when your IP changed.
This also happens with me when I change my internet subscriber but at that time I just reset my camera settings and after that my camera works fine.
If your camera not working you also check your hardware because it can also a hardware issue. you also check your DNS and your router.
Think after that all works fine.
Hope this will help you.
Thanks