• March 28, 2024, 09:31:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 8600 works on webpage.mydlink.com/cameraPortal but not in the app myDlink  (Read 9903 times)

jacky

• Level 1 Member

Hi everyone,

I use a DCS-8600LH-383E camera which was easily connected by bluetooth with myDlink App. Stopping Bluetooth and connecting via Wifi also works subsequently.
But some minutes later it doesn't. The camera can't be connected any more with the app.
However logging on into webpage.mydlink.com/cameraPortal always works and shows current video and picture!
Do you have an idea what could cause this issue?
I deleted the camera and re-connected it again. It's always the same, at beginning it works in the app and later on it won't. And everytime it works flawless on webpage.
I tried several smartphones (android + iphones) and connected to the internet by different ways. App version is "mydklink v1.10.1 build 182".
Cameras are connected by Wifi but since they show always the current video on webpage I don't assume any problem with internet connection.
Is there something I could troubleshoot?
Do you need any more information?

It would be a real pleasure if you've got a hint or idea what causes the problem. Thank you!

Regards,
Daniel

phil1

• Level 1 Member

I have the same problem. The camera is at a vacation home ( I cant get to it right now) and will not load unless the power is turned off and on.  After 14 days, the camera loaded for one short viewing session and won't load again.  Help line keeps saying its modem connection but can't help on how to resolve.  I also have a 5222lb1 that works fine with mobile app. 
Also, while the camera won't load, I can view recordings from the cloud and still receive motion detection notifications.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this.
Link> Tech Support Contact Information
We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Brucegas

• Level 1 Member

I have the same problem, i bought the camera in July 2019 and installed the 8600lh through my dlink app, it worked fine after a week it start having connection problems... I have 6 dlink cameras in my house one is Dcs2332L and is installed far out on the terrace, it has always worked good just a little slower in this past months but still working.. Then inside the house 4 Dcs 8000lh which i've never had any problem with them, so far the best dlink cameras.. As said the 8600LH start havimg connections issues once i've installed out at the opposite side from the Dcs 2332L. Notice that the range of the wifi is similar to each other and has full signal... I have written to the assistance from the dlink form and tried all the possible solutions to make it work such as changing ip to the camera and put a static address, moving the camera closer to the wifi but never solved the problem so i decided to send back to the company due to the warranty.. They send me back a "new" 8600LH Camera that has the same problem... I don't know what the issue is i am going nuts.... Did anyone find a solution or know what the problem is... Can help us to solve the problem?!?.....

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Link>Welcome!

• Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded?
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
How many other wireless devices do you have connected to the main host router?
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?

I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.10 and .11  DHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Turn off all cameras but 3 and see if these 3 cameras experience same problem. Graduate adding 1 camera.

I have the same problem, i bought the camera in July 2019 and installed the 8600lh through my dlink app, it worked fine after a week it start having connection problems... I have 6 dlink cameras in my house one is Dcs2332L and is installed far out on the terrace, it has always worked good just a little slower in this past months but still working.. Then inside the house 4 Dcs 8000lh which i've never had any problem with them, so far the best dlink cameras.. As said the 8600LH start havimg connections issues once i've installed out at the opposite side from the Dcs 2332L. Notice that the range of the wifi is similar to each other and has full signal... I have written to the assistance from the dlink form and tried all the possible solutions to make it work such as changing ip to the camera and put a static address, moving the camera closer to the wifi but never solved the problem so i decided to send back to the company due to the warranty.. They send me back a "new" 8600LH Camera that has the same problem... I don't know what the issue is i am going nuts.... Did anyone find a solution or know what the problem is... Can help us to solve the problem?!?.....
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

If you move the camera indoors closer to the router, does it still disconnect?

If not, then it is a WiFi connection/quality issue to the camera. Most likely the radio on the camera is not the strongest compared to other cameras. Also note when outside exterior walls are much thicker and insulated so WiFi signals can still indicate ok strength but may have a lot of packet loss so the camera drops out. I wish this camera was power over Ethernet. 

Brucegas

• Level 1 Member

Yeah i guessed so. The radio in the camera sucks.. I moved a little bit lower next to the window where the wifi is located, the fact that the dcs 2332L is right in front of the window and works perfectly, i will check how it works and i keep you posted.. I hope i don't need to buy a wifi extender, i was considering it could be a quick solution to the problem..

Brucegas

• Level 1 Member

Ok quick update.... The camera worked for about one day, today the same problem.. The camera isn't loading the video... I am very very very disappointed i don't know what to do... Probably get a wifi extender but i would not raccomand any of the new dlink camera except for the 8000lh... The other are garbage... My dad's got the dcs 2802KT and he's sending back to Amazon.. Batteries duration is ridiculous after two days has to be recharged and the radio signal is very poor.... I don't know what at dlink are thinking but the quality's got soo bad for the price they ask...

Frans

• Level 1 Member

Hi all writers, i have the same problem with my DCS-8600LH.
Not using a sd-card so the video events are sent to the cloud, the live view and some settings (Storage and NightVision) wich i can normally set with the app MyDLink stop working after a while (1 day or more days most of the time).
In that time the event videos are still uploaded to the cloud, so it has nothing to do with the WiFi connection (videos are uploaded by that Wifi connection).

There is a warning on the page where i'm typing this message, wich tell me that there has not been posting on this topic for 120 days, so i'm expecting to find here a solution but that isn't here. It's also possible that all the DCS-8600LH users send their cameras back ;-)

Somebody an idea how i can get rid of this problem?

Work around for this problem is to use a smart switch so you can interrupt the power (remote with a app for the smart switch) to the camera, after a reboot its all working again.

Greet Frans
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 02:03:57 AM by Frans »

Maple Leaf

• Level 1 Member

Similar problem here.  Worked with the Dlink help chat yesterday and made a discovery.  Found that live streaming of cameras located remotely in the app works when not on wifi (i.e. on cellular network).  As soon as I switch to wifi locally, the app fails to stream the remote cameras.  Web portal streaming is reliable on the same wifi, so clearly it is not a problem at the remote site.  Looking at the remote router live bandwidth feed I can see the request for live streaming arrive from the app, then there is a steady flow of data out.  No idea where the data goes...the app just fails with a "Connection Error".  To add further confusion, I have two models of camera at the remote site (8600LH and an 8010LH), and sometimes the 8600 works (say, once in twenty attempts).  The 8010 never works.   

Have tried this with multiple mobile devices using different versions of OS (Android and Apple), ruling out the device.

Rebooted the cameras last time I was there.  Same deal.

I have no idea what my local router might be doing to block the stream.  Could it be blocking certain protocols, like say, UDP?  I wonder if the RTSP traffic from these 8xxx series of cameras is sent over UDP.  Anyone know?  Grasping at straws here.