• April 19, 2024, 03:18:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Router blocking my Comps from connecting to internet.  (Read 6317 times)

Talon

• Level 1 Member
Router blocking my Comps from connecting to internet.
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:01:42 AM »

Here's the skinny, I have charter cable and Vonage telephone.
They are connected with all comps and vonage device connected to my dgl-4100. Everything was fine for 2 yrs with that set up.
But recently we have been getting kicked from net and this morning we had no internet connectivity at all through the comps but vonage could still connect.
After checking the usual culprits on my end, I contacted Charter (prime suspect). They said it was vonage.
I contacted vonage and after discribing my network connections they passed the buck to the router.
So my question is if the router is the problem what do i need to change to fix it. And Is anyone else having the same kind of issues with their cable connections?

Thanks for your time.
I'll be checking the manual to see if I can find an answer there.

Cypherix

• Level 1 Member
Re: Router blocking my Comps from connecting to internet.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:36:42 AM »

I'm having a similar problem, The WAN light on my router is on, and I can log in and see thats it's connected to the internet but when I open my network window in vista it shows that there is no internet.

This seems kinda random because the connection could come back at any time without any of the settings changing.

what firmware do you have, Talon? I'm using 1.7.

Talon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 10:40:03 AM »

I am using 1.7 as well. And yes the connectivity would just come back after a random amount of time.
I learned of a tracert command I can use to see exactly where the connection breaks down but the problem hasn't occured yet. As soon as I get the results I'll post them here.

From the command prompt type tracert www.microsoft.com
thanks for the responce
Talon

Talon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 01:18:21 AM »

Just wanted to let you guys know that my problem seems to have cleared up (as if by magic) with no changes made on my end.
I still believe that it was an ISP issue from the start and their Customer service reps are trained to pass the buck when a problem isn't covered by their lists of responses.
Good luck to all
Talon