• March 19, 2024, 02:11:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Reset does not work on my dcs-930L  (Read 34898 times)

robkraft

• Level 1 Member
Reset does not work on my dcs-930L
« on: July 01, 2011, 07:00:01 PM »

I just downloaded and tried to apply the latest Firmware update to my dcs-930l.  It failed or timed out.  Now the camera is unusable.  I tried the hard reset, several times, holding it in for 10 seconds after 3 seconds did not work.  I held it in for 3 seconds, waited 1 minute, and just got a flashing red light.  I did the same thing after holding reset in for 10 seconds.  I have unplugged and replugged in the network cable on both ends several times and turned the power off and on on the router and camera several times.  The camera only blinks with a red flashing light.  Is it a brick now?  Is there any other magic tricks to try? 

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Reset does not work on my dcs-930L
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 05:50:40 AM »

The rear of the DCS-930L should have a pinhole. Insert a paperclip and hold for approximately 6 to 8 seconds to reset to the factory defaults.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

cshupe@juno.com

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 08:50:39 PM »

Just like robkraft, I have tried a paperclip in the reset hole without success.  Connecting power and/or ethernet makes no difference.  This camera previously worked; now it has a blinking red light on the front, a steady blue light on the rear, and cannot be found or installed to any network. 
Is it defective, should it be returned?  Is there any other way to reboot it?

cshupe@juno.com

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »

WTF?  I'm hoping for a decent answer to this question, and you allow spam on this board? 
Anyone have a reasonable explanation and a solution for the flashing red light on the front of the camera?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »

Just like robkraft, I have tried a paperclip in the reset hole without success.  Connecting power and/or ethernet makes no difference.  This camera previously worked; now it has a blinking red light on the front, a steady blue light on the rear, and cannot be found or installed to any network.  
Is it defective, should it be returned?  Is there any other way to reboot it?

I experienced the same symptoms you are describing with my DCS-932L and ended up calling D-Link technical support. They were unable to resolve the issue, so I was issued an RMA. The replacement camera should arrive in a few days.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »

WTF?  I'm hoping for a decent answer to this question, and you allow spam on this board?  
Anyone have a reasonable explanation and a solution for the flashing red light on the front of the camera?

Yes, the spam has been out of control lately. Not sure if the spam traffic is up or the diligence of the D-Link forum moderators. To the moderators' credit, spam is typically removed within hours (or same day) as the posting.

cshupe@juno.com

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »

Thanks for your quick response.  I'm guessing also that the camera is toast and will need to be replaced.  It's still under warranty.
I'll keep my eye on the spam...can't imagine why anyone would bother (and bother us) with that nonsense.  I did report the posts...

cshupe@juno.com

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 09:05:16 AM »

Anyone else with a definitive answer:  what does a flashing red light on the front of the camera mean?  Can it be fixed?