The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-890L

How to figure out which region my DIR-890L is?

(1/2) > >>

r0cskteady:
Hi All,

I'm having massive DHCP issues like a lot of others on here

DIR-890L - HW:A1 FW:1.02

I'm wanting to try this new BETA firmware in hopes it will fix it but can't figure out which region I am.

I live in Australia so assumed it would be AU but that doesn't appear to be a valid region?

Any help would be greatly apprecaited

- Jason

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

Looks like for your region you should get updates from the following location. Interesting that they list v1.05.  ???
http://support.dlink.com.au/Download/download.aspx?product=DIR-890L&revision=REV_A&filetype=Firmware

Be sure to use the following to apply any FW updates:
>FW Update Process

r0cskteady:
Thank-you so much for the response. Have updated firmware, fingers crossed this fixes the majority of my issues. Will report back with how I go.

FurryNutz:
Keeps us posted on how it goes.

r0cskteady:
No didnt work :( I have always been a d-link fanboy (just upgraded from dgl 4500) but this router has put me right off.

Not only doesnt it show you all of the connected clients, dhcp doesnt work and i have to manually assign IP addresses to all of my devices (20+) so they can get internet access and the QoS is garbage because eventhough the connected clients might show some of (not all) my devices currently connected, QoS shows even less.

Its nonfunctional, how can d-link release a product without testing it in a typical home environment ie. multiple pcs, laptops, ipads, iphones, tvs etc???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version